for $350 or less what is the best head unit | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

for $350 or less what is the best head unit

casketboy75

Reaction score
City, State
wallace,NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 explorer sport
For $350 or less what it the best head unit with the best sound quality and best features of an equalizer or best feature to basically tune the subs and the mids and highs. thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

On eBay, Alpine CDA-9835. I wouldn't be caught dead spending retail on an expensive electronic.

Kenwood Excelon makes some nice units in your price range.

I'll Ditto the kenwood, I have an all kenwood sys in both home and mobile audio. I swear by the company.
I'm currently looking for a keg unit for mine right now. My xmas gift to me :)

Great suggestions so far, Kenwood Excelon and Alpine are way up there on my list!

whats your opinons on a pioneer versus an alpine

huskyfan23 said:
On eBay, Apline CDA-9835. I wouldn't be caught dead spending retail on an expensive electronic.

Ditto.

I've had both Kenwood and Pioneer (tv) headunits and I was really impressed with the Pioneer. Both are high quality, but I'm with Pioneer.

I agree. Pioneer is marketed for the average person that doesn't get too into the sound/equalizer settings, and basically doens't go as in depth into the various options in tweaking the sound.

my headunit, the jvc lhx 500.

Back