For anyone on the fence about a exhaust for their Sport | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

For anyone on the fence about a exhaust for their Sport

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My truck goes in next week for exhaust...sorry..i copied your setup!!!...mags and the black 4 inch power coated tips...can't wait
No problem, can't wait to see the results!

I am not going to do an exhaust replacement unless there is a hp/ torque improvement.

When I see dynos of these exhausts actually improving our performance then I will gladly do a swap out.

I am not going to do an exhaust replacement unless there is a hp/ torque improvement.

When I see dynos of these exhausts actually improving our performance then I will gladly do a swap out.
Hi OkExplo, you've posted this comment before and I got it the first time. No one is trying to convince anyone to do this mod. Different people have different priorities. You appear to be largely performance oriented and I respect the fact that you want to make your expenditures in that area. It is different for me. I did the exhaust mod solely for the sound bump and appearance change. I had no more expectation of a performance increase from my muffler swap than I did for my carbon fiber interior install (although that CF did seem to give a bump :eek:). Everyone knows to put their money into down pipes if they're chasing performance on the exhaust side. For me, my Explo mods are more holistically oriented to bring the Sport in line with my personal expectations and I'm just trying to share my experience to give something back to like minded forum participants.

Put another way, this wasn't a performance mod, it was a 'what I wanted to do to my Explorer mod'. I'll still post some 0-60 times when I get a chance, but I'm not really expecting any material improvement over my current 5.9 seconds. Having said that, the muffler swap most certainly did not negatively impact performance. Those types of mods I will not do.

Anyway, looking forward to 'seeing' you in the forums :thumbsup:

Talked to Tommy today and they won't have the tips in until next friday. Which hopefully Fred will put a pair in the mail for me
Can do:thumbsup::thumbsup:

my exhaust shop was suppose to call today with a price for me but didn't...oh well will give them a call tomorrow..i think the mags run what almost 100 each? then tips and labor

Sport...do you have an intake? I don;t think you do IIRC...i just wonder if it will take away from some of my beloved turbo noise

my exhaust shop was suppose to call today with a price for me but didn't...oh well will give them a call tomorrow..i think the mags run what almost 100 each? then tips and labor

Sport...do you have an intake? I don;t think you do IIRC...i just wonder if it will take away from some of my beloved turbo noise
hi Pup, the Mag 11225s are $87 each at Amazon. I paid a lot more, but Ripleys has a great shop with good inventory and mad skills, so I don't mind throwing a little money their way so that they will still be there the next time I need brick and mortar support on a moments notice (they've been at the same location for 30+ years).

You're correct that I'm running the stock intake. I don't have any experiential knowledge with the Sport, but I can't imagine how the muffler change would impact the turbo spool sounds which are coming from the compression impeller or your BOV sounds which are also coming through your CAI rather than from the exhaust side. The waste gate sound might change, but they're so muffled on my stock cat/downpipe setup I can't hear them anyway.

I'm tempted to do a Livernois CAI just so I can enjoy the turbos along with the exhaust, but I'm worried about inducing intake drone at cruising speeds. Do you have any drone with your CAI??

Here's the pics of both tips in the same shot. I wasn't centered for the dead-on rear shot, the mufflers and tips are very well aligned in relation to each other and well aligned in the bumper cutouts.

160546890.gif

160546891.gif

I'll do the videos as soon as my wife is back in town.

Here's the pics of both tips in the same shot. I wasn't centered for the dead-on rear shot, the mufflers and tips are very well aligned and well aligned in the bumper cutouts.

160546890.gif

160546891.gif

I'll do the videos as soon as my wife is back in town.

Looks so good..i can;t wait for mine

Amazon has for $87 and if you are a Prime member free shipping!

I did the Mdesign intake before I did the exhaust work. Between the intake, exhaust and my revised 3bar tune turbo's are much more noticeable. I baby this car so at low rev's in a higher gear especially third gear turbo spool is clear as day.I just need it to pickup at work so I can order the downpipes.

I did the Mdesign intake before I did the exhaust work. Between the intake, exhaust and my revised 3bar tune turbo's are much more noticeable. I baby this car so at low rev's in a higher gear especially third gear turbo spool is clear as day. I just need it to pickup at work so I can order the downpipes.
I'm going to do some IAT logging with the stock air box/filter and then maybe try the LMS/Airaid CAI. Hadn't planned to do a CAI, but I might do it just for the aural feedback if it does not adversely affect performance or my emissions readiness monitor status.

Got mine installed today Not too loud but gives it a nice tone when taking off up until 2K...minimal drone at highway speeds :thumbsup:

X Pipe

For those considering the X-Pipe and resonator removal on your stock exhaust do not worry about drone or the tone being too loud. It didn't really change the exhaust note much at all. I think the key is in changing the mufflers to a straight through design. I would like to get the down pipes and maybe some Corsa Extreme mufflers welded in. I had them on my SC Mustang GT and they were drone free, quiet at idle and on the highway however loud as hell when you got on it!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not on the fence any longer.. I had 502 Performance in Apalachin NY do an upgrade to my 2 week old XSport. New SSteel Manaflows and double wall SS slash cut 4" tips. AMAZING difference in sound without sounding like fart pipes or a small motor trying to be a V8.. My wife says Classy and throaty.. sounds similiar to her BMW335xi with sport package. REALLY NICE KUDOS to Brandon at 502 .. He is an artist with this stuff. he checked out car and new exactly what to do. He has done Audis, Vettes so I figured he was more than qualified to do mine.. THANKs 502.

Back