"For Sale" Forum Idea | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

"For Sale" Forum Idea

Robb

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Is it possible to set up some rules to the "For Sale" Forum? When items are for sale, can it be a requirement of the seller to simply state what they have, and how much they want for it? There seem to be a lot of:

1) I might be selling this, not sure, what will you give me if I do?
2) I have this for sale, make offers..........

These types of threads lead to a lot of frustration. People are replying to the thread, PMing, and Emailing at the same time. I just think that a seller should post to the forum if they are certain they are selling the item, and give a price for the item.

Robb

edit: Dead Link Removed is a perfect example

Brandon4AU

Wannabe "Elite Explorer"<br>sXc Member
Reaction score
City, State
Montgomery/Auburn, Alabama
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XLT
I second that notion.

X24

RAMajama
Reaction score
City, State
Pleasant Valley, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
05 RAM 2500 TURBO DIESEL
Like I mentioned in another thread, I think there should be a 'For Sale' forum and a 'wanted forum'. Just like the sport truck forum. That way, if someone is looking for something to buy, they dont have to sift thru all the wanted threads too. Ya know?

yob_yeknom

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Glade Hill, Virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 XLT & '06 Limited
1. Sometimes people aren't sure they want to sell something, but would for the right price. You can't really make a rule against that.
Saying it's sold then changing your mind is another thing though.

2. You want to try and get the most money you can for something. It would be stupid to say you'll sell something to someone for $5 when you don't give a hundred other people a chance to buy it that would be willing to pay a lot more. Everyone deserves to be able to get the most they can out of something.

About the seperate forums, I half agree. Two subforums, with the option to trade in either, might would help organize thingsr. It would be simpler though if everyone would just put FS or W in the title, but for some reason almost nobody can do that.