• Register Today It's free!

For Your Information!

steveissteven

Reaction score
City, State
LAS VEGAS, NEVADA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 SPORT
According to the Hanes Manual, fuel pressure at idle with vacuum attatched to FPR (Fuel Pressure Regulator) should be between 30-45 psi

THIS IS INCORRECT!!!

Proper fuel pressure should be between 35-45 psi

Anything less and your running LEAN causing for loss in power and high fuel consumption. This is due to the fact that the onboard computer is having to compensate for a lean condition, thus increases the PULSE WIDTH of the fuel injectors; ultimately burning more fuel.... Hence poor fuel economy, poor idle, and loss in power.

NEVER EVER REPLACE YOUR FUEL PUMP WITH AN AFTERMARKET PUMP... IT WILL FAIL AND ULTIMATELY IT WON'T BE ABLE TO DELIVER THE REQUIRED 35-45 PSI AS REQUIRED BY FORD SPECS

This applies to all trucks and suv's

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Steven,
Thanks for the info. I'll have to make sure I change that in my book.
BTW
Are the aftermarket manufactures fuel pumps not at 35-45 psi? Only Ford has these? Just curious.

steve.....did you just figure this out as of late?? Was this the cause of your problem?? Good luck no matter what.

Does anyone know the size of the fuel lines on the 91 explorers?
I need to get a new FPR for when I do the swap....I need to run a lower PSI with the mustang EFI.
Thanks
Pete

Back