Ford’s new concept off-road vehicle pics | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford’s new concept off-road vehicle pics

Cameron

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Streamwood, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Sport
Just got back from the Chicago Auto Show. The wife got us a couple of press passes! It was nice walking around there with almost nobody else. Anyways, I got some great pictures of Ford’s new concept off-road vehicle! Check them out here and tell me what you think of it!

http://www.ericcameron.com/Niec/as/as.htm

Peace!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have only one comment....what does the red flip-up switch do? The one to the right of the steering wheel...

It looks like the kind military jets have for missle launch. I've been wanting a car to come with built in missile launchers! This is a dream come true. Look out you left lane CRAWLERS!

I have seen them used in cars with Nitrous systems, but what is it for here?

2as.jpg

[Edited by Tim K on 02-08-2001 at 03:40 PM]

"Rocket Launcher, ENGAGED"

RED SWITCH.....

It's NITRO BABY!

To quote Tommy Lee Jones:

"See that red button there? Don't ever, EVER touch it!"

Gone in 60 Seconds!!

GO BABY GO!!!!!!

That EX concept is SOOOOOOOOO Cooooool. I love that thing. Isn't it amazing what a huge corporation can do when asked to be creative! I just wish the consumer could get a hold of some of their good stuff.

If I'd have to guess, I'd say it was a toggle switch for starting. Flip the switch to activate the electronics and push button to start. Or hold the switch up and push the button at the same time to start(something like that??). I didn't see a place for starting it with a key so.......

'Rocket Launcher'??? - Guys, you may need to speak to someone about this... LOL

No no no... You guys got it all wrong. It's a switch to activate the VAD (Vertical Ascension Device). Under the truck there are four jump jets. If there is a rock in the path that you can't climb (hard to believe in this truck), just flip the switch and 60,000 pounds of thrust throws you over the rock!

It's that or a switch that activates two enormous saw blades that pop out the front and cut down any trees in your way!

Or, it's a starter like Jeff said. But that would be boring!

Back