Ford 16N01 Liftgate Lock Cylinder Paint | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford 16N01 Liftgate Lock Cylinder Paint

billyfromhill

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Interceptor Utility
Has anybody had to get Customer Satisfaction 16N01 done for peeling paint around the liftgate lock cylinder? I just noticed today that the paint around my liftgate cylinder is starting to peel on my 2014 PIU. It says you have to be the original owner and the vehicle has to be in police service but how strict has Ford been on that?

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2016/MC-10079013-7690.pdf

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Link doesn't work for me.

Peter

Ford pays the dealer for the work (obviously a reduced rate) so very strict I would imagine.

I had a couple of our marked units (B&W) fixed under program. OK job, not the best but better than a split weeping rust. I don't think Ford will allow it will probably kick it out when it has different owner entered into system.

Bringing this sucker back from the dead. This is my 2013 paint peeling
As I was not the original owner and my car had a 2 tone blue (Nashua NH PD) with Dark Blue Metallic DX painted over the factory Ice Blue Metallic LS factory paint, my Ford dealer refused to do the recall. To date, I have had to remove the rust by grinding/using filler/priming/painting two times on my own.

As I was not the original owner and my car had a 2 tone blue (Nashua NH PD) with Dark Blue Metallic DX painted over the factory Ice Blue Metallic LS factory paint, my Ford dealer refused to do the recall. To date, I have had to remove the rust by grinding/using filler/priming/painting two times on my own.
I’m on my first attempt to repair and it looks less than professional 😂.
I’ll probably pay to have it done next time.

I’m on my first attempt to repair and it looks less than professional 😂.
I’ll probably pay to have it done next time.
Just keep in mind wherever you go, no repair location will warranty the work due to the high probability of rust reoccurring. In that case, I'd say it's cheaper to do it yourself than pay to get it done. My quote for getting it done with matching paint was $500. Look at lines 3-5.

Just keep in mind wherever you go, no repair location will warranty the work due to the high probability of rust reoccurring. In that case, I'd say it's cheaper to do it yourself than pay to get it done. My quote for getting it done with matching paint was $500. Look at lines 3-5.

then perhaps next time I’ll just fill it in with body filler then fiber glass over it. Hopefully the POR 15 I used will help. 🤷‍♂️

Anyone know if the 2016-2019 lift gates will fit on 2013-2015s?

Back