• Register Today It's free!

Ford 2022 XLT Grille replacement

Jessica1080

Reaction score
City, State
Midlothian VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2022 Ford Explorer XLT
Does anyone know what these are and how to removethem? There are 6 and the backs are not easily accessible

F202D1D2-A2AD-4439-8531-2500F493D612.jpeg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does anyone know what these are and how to removethem? There are 6 and the backs are not easily accessible
If it is in the center then that is where the Adaptive Cruise Control and Forward Collision sensor is. Hard to tell with such a close in view of the front end. Could you post a picture from further out showing the front end?
As for there being 6 of them, then I don't know unless the others have to do with sensors as well. :dunno:

Peter

looks like rivets
Blowing up the image some and using a magnifying glass, it almost looks like it has some kind of screw head? :dunno: That or rivets would explain having more than just one.

Peter

Looks like a plastic rivet -- similar to the rivets Ford uses to affix the front license-plate bracket to the front bumper.

If that's what I think it is and you want to remove it, use an 1/8" drill bit to drill-out the center stem. Then you can pull out the larger button with the remaining part of the rivet.

You'll need new rivets if you want to put stuff back where you found it.

I saw in another post elsewhere that for 2021+, they went with rivets instead of bolts.

Back