• Register Today It's free!

Ford brush guard?

silver4x4

Reaction score
City, State
Milwaukee, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 XLT
Anyone have or seen this brush guard on a 3 gen explorer. The center peice is painted to match your vehicle. I realize its a little more for show than function but I think this guard looks absolutely awesome. It should for fords $627.00 price tag. I want to see what it looks like. Thanks.
grillguard.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

any comments on this item?

The fog light assembly is 3rd gen... so it's not a "new" item per say, but it is nice looking... where did you find this pic?

I like it, but not for that price.

I didn't say it was new, I am sorry for the misconception. I found it while looking for brush guards on the web. I used the part to track it down on the ford accessories website. They don't have a actual picture on their website. I really like it and think I am going to go for it. The painted section I think is going to take a good bit of beating. I see the hood and cant imagine what putting that thing out there is gonna do but I really like the looks. Now to see if I can find a ford dealer with discounts on parts on a discount online ford parts dealer.

By the way I love it Donner you are all over every post I have posted. Which is not many but its nice to know that quick responses are out there if they really are needed.

I'm glad you didn't curse me out :) That's a nice guard, costly, but it would be nice to have.

I saw one in person, it is only for show, I think you could bend the crome part by hand :p check ebay, I've seen those for less than $200
And yes Donner is always courteous and quick to reply :thumbsup:

looks clean

Doesnt look useful

i think if i hit any thing this would fall off im looking for something that i can hit dears and still mob

I do a lot of city driving and even though it has the NBX package I dont really intend to do much off roading. the occasional dirt or gravel road. I like the rugged look. I guess to each there own huh.

I like it. AND, you'll have something not many others will have, so bonus points for that.

A lot of the brush guards won't take much of a beating... fyi

-Shawn

yeah im looking for a push bar sorry not a brush bar ur right i want some thing welded to the frame

well I won the eBay auction for the black one. I am going to have it painted silver birch I think is the name of the light silver color and get it mounted. I will take pictures when I get it on. Not that crappy ford supplied picture they give. I can't wait even though it doesn't seem functional it does to me. I am not looking to push cars off the road but if I nail a deer or tap a tree I think the metal tube will take a good brunt impact. Time will tell and I hope to never have to use it and see how well it holds up. I think it looks great with the lines of the truck. Alot of companies are starting to incorporate molded guards. Honda pilot for sure is one I know of.

I think it will look good and stock, which is usuallly a good thing. I would warn you to take it easy though. I have a brush guard and bent the bottom bar which was the most beffy looking pushing (rather hard) a shopping cart that was in my way into a hard snow bank.

That looks really clean BUT I don't like how it doesn't have the smaller bars going in front of the headlights like my Manik does.....

Back