FORD: Built without your TAX dollars | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! Once registered you can join the Elite Explorers to eliminate ads from the website.

FORD: Built without your TAX dollars

lonestar

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
lou,ky
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT, 02 XLS
One thing I'm very glad to say.... "my FORD was Built without your TAX dollars, and not Government Motors" :)..

20403008-804-Ford-Built-without-your-tax-dollars-Shir.jpg

Google and find..

Free Stickers

T-shirts

http://www.f150online.com

Join the Elite Explorers $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

unclemeat

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Richmond, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 sport
Not completly true.

lonestar

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
lou,ky
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT, 02 XLS
I'm sure there are some tax breaks/incentives... But I don't think they received any 'bailout' money

GM_Bankruptcy.htm

U.S government now owns 60% of it in return for $50 billion in funding to keep the company afloat while it is being reorganized. Canada owns 12%

auto_bailout.htm

Ford requested a $9 billion line-of-credit from the government, and a $5 billion loan from the Energy Department. Ford pledged to accelerate development of both hybrid and battery-powered vehicles, retool plants to increase production...... Ford didn't need, and didn't receive any funds, it also didn't want its competition to get the upper hand thanks to the government bailout.

gm-chrysler-getting-bailout-funds-but-not-ford.htm

government has loaned $25 billion to GM and Chrysler...... with 0% financing. Ford does not need the funds since they had already taken measures to improve cash flow.

Is Ford being penalized for practicing good business?

hmmmmm, Wife wants at minivan (3 kids), I didn't want for-run, Chrysler was at top of the list, maybe I should reconsider??

IZwack

Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Germantown, MD
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Ford Explorer
Just because its on a shirt, its gotta be true!

030411_2059_RepublicanL2.jpg

lonestar

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
lou,ky
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 XLT, 02 XLS
NOPE... thats why I added links...

I'm not saying they're the greatest example, I also agree with the comment...

Ford also has it’s legacy costs, and cannot really continue to rally the troops long term. It was the first to rely heavily on IMPORTED parts.... , and now is the most foreign of the U.S. brands, with most lines being over 50% from overseas....... Ford is a Unamerican sheep in wolf’s clothing.

Just saying they did god job not using our(my) tax dollars for a bailout, and to continue paying inflated benefits.... Now we are expected to continue paying previous promises, yet we aren't getting promised crap, just be glad you gotta a job.....

94Eddie

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Mountaineer Premier
IMO, the real thing to point out is that Ford didn't NEED taxpayer money to stay out of bankruptcy. GM and Chrysler got the bailouts and went bankrupt anyway. Also, don't forget our fine federal government used taxpayer money to hand the UAW a 20% ownership stake in both companies and forced GM and Chrysler away from getting the concessions they should have from the UAW to make them financially viable into the future. Look for both to be teetering on bankruptcy again in the next 5-10 years when the bailout money runs dry.

FIND

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Vermillion, SD
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLT V8 AWD
yay for sheeple

lynchy wa

Down Under Beer Explorer
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Albany, Western Australia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 LIMITED V8
Don't forget Joe's thread from back at the start of April re:Chinese GM investment;);):thumbsup::thumbsup: