Ford CS gave me "convoy number"...what does it mean? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford CS gave me "convoy number"...what does it mean?

Asystole

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer Limited
Hi,
I just spoke with customer service ( 800.392.FORD ) and they told me that my Explorer which was built in Chicago on 3/22 is in Buffalo, NY as of early this morning on its way to me in NJ via convoy with an ETA of 4/3. The guy gave me this additional info, but I was wondering what it means:

Allied Systems #77609

Any guesses? Thank you.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would guess the number is referring to the truck hauling the cars, or it could possibly be a route number if the truck drives a regular schedule.

I think this is the company: Allied Automotive Group

I called Allied in Buffalo

They told me that the car was dispatched yesterday on one of their trucks and will arrive at my dealer today or tomorrow(!!).

So close! Now, if it ends up with all of the MFT issues, I'll hand it back to the dealer and go get a new Volvo XC60 or Mercedes GL550 instead.

What do you know! While I was writing this, the dealer called to say that the car arrived!

Woo-Hoo!!! Congratulations... we will be looking for those pics :thumbsup:

Thanks. I will take delivery tomorrow. However, I am not permitted to post pictures in this forum.

Thanks. I will take delivery tomorrow. However, I am not permitted to post pictures in this forum.

All you need to do is open a photobucket type account and link the URL's here. You can use the button that is a little square with the mountains on it to put the links in when you post here. That way, the photo is hosted elsewhere, but the photo will show up here.

Back