Ford Dealers in the UK...will they work on a 2002 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Dealers in the UK...will they work on a 2002 Explorer

forcemac

Reaction score
I am visiting the UK for 3 yrs, and I have my US spec 2002 Mercury Mountaineer (Ford Explorer) with me. Recently I have done a spat of repairs (upper/lower front ball joints, two new wheel bearings, external ambient temp sensor, and a multifunction switch replacement), but I think I may have uncovered one that I can't tackle myself. I may need a new harmonic balancer put in for the serpentine belt. Anyone know if I call up a Ford dealership here in Suffolk, that may be able to help? Any recommendations on a particular dealership?

Hi there
For my money i would source the part myself from rock auto or from tascaparts.com (US dealer with excellent web prices). Then find a good independent garage and ask them to do it.
Harmonic balancer is an easy job for a good mechanic.
Just remember you will need a new bolt also as it is torque to yield (this means it stretches when you do it up).
Uk dealers don't want to or know how to work on UK spec explorers so i personally wouldn't want to pay their high labour prices to experiment on a US version.
There is an independent on here Duncanofengland based in Aylesbury, how far is that??
HTH

Back