ford edge 22 inch rims to fit on a STA with AWD? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ford edge 22 inch rims to fit on a STA with AWD?

Jcaci88

Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 STA
Has anyone ever heard of or tried to put the Ford Edge 22inch Factory Rims on a Sport Trac?

Im looking to put them on my STA. Please help or give me input?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

30095250059_original.jpg

offset is wrong so you will need big spacers, and I think the hub bore is different. personally don't like the very low profile look here...

30095250059_original.jpg

offset is wrong so you will need big spacers, and I think the hub bore is different. personally don't like the very low profile look here...

Although they look like Edge wheels and I originally thought they were I recall reading they were aftermarket.
Maybe TRW? I don't recall.

Jcaci88,
If you return to your first thread on this same subject you will see the specs of the 22" Edge and 20" Explorer wheels.
If I remember correctly Destyn confirmed they would fit but we never got to see pictures of his STA with 22s.
Personally, I like the lower profile look on this truck.

?

is that your turcks?

30095250059_original.jpg

I put 20" sho wheels on mine with truck size tires looks awesome

That STA is mine now and resides in North Alabama. Those are 09-10 Ford Edge Sport 22s. Ford H3783 22x9 Soft Double Spokes.

I have the same rims on my 10' STA (silver). They are the 09-10 Edge Sport Wheels the same as the one on the Black STA pictured above and are factory, not aftermarket. Original owner was in Tampa, FL put on the Factory Edge rims before he sold it to the current owner in Alabama. I texted someone who messaged me a picture as I am always on my work come and don't have pics up on any servers to paste.

The offset is larger so there is plenty of space for bigger calipers if you have those in mind down the road so you will NOT need spacers and the bore pattern is the same 5x114.3. They come out clean to the fenders of the truck for a nice clean look. If you have factory navigation, it will take a couple weeks for the computer to relearn the wheels and will show you getting off the highway between exits for a while but will correct itself eventually. If anyone wants to buy them, I will have them for sale soon as I'm currently shopping for new wheels, looking for something I can put 305's or 315's on the back for a more aggressive stance. Holding off til I can get the right Ford Racing 4.10 Gear in the back as the 22's deffinately make it feel more sluggish.

Thanks for confirming guys.
I could swear the original thread mentioned a different wheel.
I guess I was wrong.

Back