• Register Today It's free!

Ford emblem painting

hockeyhommie4

Reaction score
City, State
Brighton, Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 XLT V6 SOHC
alright i know ive seen a pic of this on here so im wondering if anybody knows the thread or has done this before. I wanna paint the ford emblem red instead of the normal blue. Anyone have any luck?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I believe BBQHotDogs has those

Does anyone have any tips for getting the emblems off a 1998 xlt? I pulled the plastic piece off of the back hatch that the emblem is mounted in and all I saw was a couple of prongs on the back of it. What is the best way of getting it out of there without breaking it?

ive been trying to figure this out too. Does anyone know? Also, can anyopne direct me to a writeup on how to do it?

I just pryed mine with a flat head screw driver a little bit on the rear and pulled with my hand. It does have 3 small hinges that sink into the body. I have 1 red painted Ford Emblem left. Here is how mine looks. I got better pictures, but that was the first one I grabbed.

215128-18Paint7.jpg

lol im 2 lazy 2 do that, can i just buy yours for 20 bucks BBQ? nah jk. I Kinda wanna paint mine with that Chromalusion Color CHangin Paint, just too see what it looks like. Now if i could just figure out how to get the emblem off my grill...

By tha way, (if this is 2 much jus lemme know and sorry) but is that picture taken in Pasadena, like near Dobie or SoHo? It looks real familiar.

The ones me and BBQ had purchased were $50 each (without shipping), I still have my front one for when I get my new shell painted, but I put my rear on like he did. It looks really good. :)

And if it's quality you are looking for, it well worth the $50 for it too. My is flawless. They look just like the ones from Ford in blue, except mine are Tourador Red. If yall need that web address, gives one of a shout, we will be more than glad to help.

What is the address? I wanna check into it. I want one with red letters, on a black background.

Back