Ford Employee Pricing - No other Discounts, Non-Negotiable | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Employee Pricing - No other Discounts, Non-Negotiable

Motoarzan

Reaction score
City, State
Cambridge, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer Sport 2014
Hi all
I've been looking at the Explorer for a while, borrowed one from the dealer for the day just to be sure and am about to go in and talk pricing for the exact model I want. The sport, with added in Sunroof, Tow package, adaptive Cruise control and Nav.
Canadian Build&Price on Website comes to
MSRP - $48,499, Options + $4,550, Delivery + $1,728
Minus Ford Employee pricing $4,912
= $49,865 +13%HST Tax in Canada - Grand Total $56,347 (yes we get raped on vehicle prices here in Canada compared to you US folks!)

My salesperson says that under the Ford employee pricing/A-Plan Discount there are no other discounts he can offer (even the Costco discount is gone during this promo) He says that during this time period the price is non-negotiable. Ford has such a large discount that they make it so the dealers can not sell for less, that the price is fixed, the margin and commission to the dealer and salesperson is fixed ect... He also said that Ford even does random audits on dealers to make sure they are all selling vehicles at this price discount structure during this promo to keep them above board.
Question: Is this true?
It seems the A-plan discount really isn't any better because, sure there is employee pricing but the interest rates have all been jacked up and all other promo's stripped...six of one & half a dozen of the other at the end of the day I guess.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Doesn't matter what dealer you go to, the A/x/z/ plan pricing is fixed by Ford. They're very serious about dealers messing with it. To be honest, Ford's discount really isn't that great especially if you need the financing offers. Some have negotiated better deals just by negotiating price. If you have a good credit union near you, they have awesome rates. Combine a Ford cash price and an outside financing rate. A lot of the time, they're better than the Ford incentives when packaged as a whole.

Hi all
I've been looking at the Explorer for a while, borrowed one from the dealer for the day just to be sure and am about to go in and talk pricing for the exact model I want. The sport, with added in Sunroof, Tow package, adaptive Cruise control and Nav.
= $49,865 +13%HST Tax in Canada - Grand Total $56,347 (yes we get raped on vehicle prices here in Canada compared to you US folks!)
That is one reason I started leasing 12 years ago. My 2011 Ex is my 5th lease and I will likely do it again when the lease expires in March 2015.

Peter

Doesn't matter what dealer you go to, the A/x/z/ plan pricing is fixed by Ford. They're very serious about dealers messing with it. To be honest, Ford's discount really isn't that great especially if you need the financing offers. Some have negotiated better deals just by negotiating price. If you have a good credit union near you, they have awesome rates. Combine a Ford cash price and an outside financing rate. A lot of the time, they're better than the Ford incentives when packaged as a whole.

Depends what you mean by "discounts". I purchased on x plan a few months ago and was absolutely able to get more "discounts" through various rebate offers, the $750 snail mail coupon from Ford, etc. You are correct, the x-plan price is very much fixed, but that does NOT mean that other rebates and offers cannot be applied.

I was referring to the amount of discount that ford offers through A/X/Z plan. That discount isn't really that much. The other incentives are good, and yes, can be applied...

If you have a good credit union near you, they have awesome rates. Combine a Ford cash price and an outside financing rate. A lot of the time, they're better than the Ford incentives when packaged as a whole.

The credit union doesn't even need to be near you. I used PenFed, which anyone can join and was at 1.49% when my Ex arrived last November. I took Ford's $1000 incentive for financing through Ford Credit and had the vehicle refinanced with PenFed in less than two weeks.

Hi all

My salesperson says that under the Ford employee pricing/A-Plan Discount there are no other discounts he can offer (even the Costco discount is gone during this promo) He says that during this time period the price is non-negotiable. Ford has such a large discount that they make it so the dealers can not sell for less, that the price is fixed, the margin and commission to the dealer and salesperson is fixed ect... He also said that Ford even does random audits on dealers to make sure they are all selling vehicles at this price discount structure during this promo to keep them above board.
Question: Is this true?
It seems the A-plan discount really isn't any better because, sure there is employee pricing but the interest rates have all been jacked up and all other promo's stripped...six of one & half a dozen of the other at the end of the day I guess.

I got A Plan with the Costco discount so unless its been officially dropped I think they are messing with you.

I was referring to the amount of discount that ford offers through A/X/Z plan. That discount isn't really that much. The other incentives are good, and yes, can be applied...

X plan isn't all that special of a discount, and can definitely be negotiated. A/Z/D plan are huge discounts. And after incentives you can come close to getting there on certain models, it just isn't happening (we qualify for the rebates as well) for example an explorer like mine has an msrp of $40660, an invoice of $38341, x plan of $38462, an A/z plan price of $36827 and a D plan price of $36927. If somehow you find a dealer willing to give up all holdback your still looking at $37,149 minus rebates.

So if your getting the A/Z plan pricing then you are getting a great deal and that would be why there is no additional negotiating on top of that.

When I bought my 2013 Explorer last year I got Employee Pricing, further discount and even used Costco.

Your dealer is full of crap.

Where are you located in Ontario? I can refer you to the guy that sold me my truck.

I'm not too sure about "employee pricing" offered as a promo of some sort - a real A/Z and D plan price is a set price from Ford and not something a dealer would want to sell at outside an actual "plan" deal as the prices for those are below the invoice (quite a bit below).

although I should add that rebates do apply even with A/Z/D.

I signed my deal on the last day of September 2013 and I'm pretty sure that I continued to hear radio ads on employee pricing into October. 2 days after signing (and about 2 months before delivery) the Costco rebate appeared in my inbox and I contacted my dealer to ask about its application. I was told that as a Costco member, I was eligible for the rebate and that it would be applied. I've been told everything from everything is approved for the rebate to 'the check's in the mail' and only now is the dealer doing a complete 180 to claim that I cannot get the rebate.

I'm pretty sure that the new car industry has a long history of rebates, discounts and the stacking of these by savvy buyers so I'm definitely feeling that the dealer is trying to back itself out of a corner and continue to run me around until I give up.

Any suggestions?

When I bought my 2013 Explorer last year I got Employee Pricing, further discount and even used Costco.

Your dealer is full of crap.

Where are you located in Ontario? I can refer you to the guy that sold me my truck.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I signed my deal on the last day of September 2013 and I'm pretty sure that I continued to hear radio ads on employee pricing into October. 2 days after signing (and about 2 months before delivery) the Costco rebate appeared in my inbox and I contacted my dealer to ask about its application. I was told that as a Costco member, I was eligible for the rebate and that it would be applied. I've been told everything from everything is approved for the rebate to 'the check's in the mail' and only now is the dealer doing a complete 180 to claim that I cannot get the rebate.

I'm pretty sure that the new car industry has a long history of rebates, discounts and the stacking of these by savvy buyers so I'm definitely feeling that the dealer is trying to back itself out of a corner and continue to run me around until I give up.

Any suggestions?

I did my deal Sept 13th 2013 on my 14 Sport with Employee pricing and I got the Costco cheque mailed to me.

Full load 14 Sport all options except DVD headrests (because I had them from 13 Limited)

$45,123
-$1000 Costco Cash
$44,123 + tax

Can you take that deal to another dealership to honor?

What about getting a 15 with this years Employee Pricing in summer?

Any suggestions?
Welcome to the Forum torontopanda88. :wavey:
Were you a Costco member all along or did you just sign up for the rebate offer? That rebate has time constrictions attached to it.

Peter

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Any suggestions?

The rule is this: On the day you pick up your vehicle you get which ever deal is the best one in effect....the one at the time of signing the deal or the one currently in effect the day you officially pick up the vehicle.

i.e. When I purchased mine (ordered a 2014 sport, w/sunroof and adaptive cruise) in late July 2013 I got the employee pricing ($5k off) and the Costco rebate ($1000) and the interest rate on 48mth finance was 5.25%. The day I received my vehicle months later the Employee pricing and costco discount was still in effect but, the interest rate on 48mth dropped to 1.99% effectively saving me about $3k of interest over the 48mth term.

You will find most of the time though that when they bump up one incentive they normally reduce or take away another. i.e they reduce interest rates but take away costco and visa versa or employee pricing ends but some other rebate program starts. Keep in mind though you can't suck & blow at the same time so don't expect to combine a discount from the time of signing and the time you picked up. Although that costco credit appeared in your mailbox 2 days later it was the next month and officially not in effect during the time of signing so you are SOL on the Costco rebate unless, and cross your fingers that it remains in effect up until the day you pick up your vehicle. Usually they run Costco for 2-3 months at a time..sometime longer.
It's one or the other. For me, I got lucky!

Make sure they give you the best option available at time of pickup.

The rule is this: On the day you pick up your vehicle you get which ever deal is the best one in effect....the one at the time of signing the deal or the one currently in effect the day you officially pick up the vehicle.

i.e. When I purchased mine (ordered a 2014 sport, w/sunroof and adaptive cruise) in late July 2013 I got the employee pricing ($5k off) and the Costco rebate ($1000) and the interest rate on 48mth finance was 5.25%. The day I received my vehicle months later the Employee pricing and costco discount was still in effect but, the interest rate on 48mth dropped to 1.99% effectively saving me about $3k of interest over the 48mth term.

You will find most of the time though that when they bump up one incentive they normally reduce or take away another. i.e they reduce interest rates but take away costco and visa versa or employee pricing ends but some other rebate program starts. Keep in mind though you can't suck & blow at the same time so don't expect to combine a discount from the time of signing and the time you picked up. Although that costco credit appeared in your mailbox 2 days later it was the next month and officially not in effect during the time of signing so you are SOL on the Costco rebate unless, and cross your fingers that it remains in effect up until the day you pick up your vehicle. Usually they run Costco for 2-3 months at a time..sometime longer.
It's one or the other. For me, I got lucky!

Make sure they give you the best option available at time of pickup.
That is true in most cases but not all. When I ordered mine in Dec. 2010, I was eligible for the $1000 'early order' rebate. By the time my vehicle arrived, there was another rebate for $1000 off options. I received both although the early order rebate was probably an exception to the rule.

Peter

I just bought mine in February 2014, near Montreal, CANADA; with all incentives (FORD + COSTCO) and some negotiation, I got 5760K off the MSRP price for a 36 month lease at 0.9%. I'm not a Ford Employee.

I just bought mine in February 2014, near Montreal, CANADA; with all incentives (FORD + COSTCO) and some negotiation, I got 5760K off the MSRP price for a 36 month lease at 0.9%. I'm not a Ford Employee.

As I understand it with "Ford employee pricing" dealers can not offer further discounts other than ford factory promotions.
I believe they are audited to keep the dealers honest and not undercutting each other.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum Twinsen.:wavey:
Another member from la Belle Province.:thumbsup:

Peter

Back