Ford Employee Pricing - No other Discounts, Non-Negotiable | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Employee Pricing - No other Discounts, Non-Negotiable

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

2014 Ford Employee Pricing Event

Hi all,
When is the 2014 FORD EMPLOYEE PRICING EVENT?
and how much discount they usually offer?

I believe that the Employee Pricing promo is usually held around September/October. Keep in mind that when they introduce that, your interest rates are usually higher and other promos, with the exception of the Costco rebate, disappear. Ford isn't in business to lose money.;)

Peter

I believe that the Employee Pricing promo is usually held around September/October. Keep in mind that when they introduce that, your interest rates are usually higher and other promos, with the exception of the Costco rebate, disappear. Ford isn't in business to lose money.;)

Peter

Thanks Peter now I understand

Additional discounts with Z plan

I purchased my 2014 Explorer Sport under the Z plan and was told that I could not use my Costco discount. I have been hearing all over this forum that this is not true. Can you confirm?

I'm not familiar with these plans you have in the States but I believe the discount from Costco is actually from Costco and not from Ford. I'm sure there was a post by a member who said that he received it directly from Costco. If that is so, then I don't know why you shouldn't get that rebate. Perhaps others can clarify.

Peter

Thanks Peter now I understand
I purchased my 2014 Sport last year. The 14 was available to order in July and I had been watching it since June.
The employee pricing started in July but Pete is right in that they give you the discount but then jack up the interest rates therefore your bottom line cost is not much different then going in with nothing and negotiating a discount. The Ford interest rates in Ontario were around 1.9% and then got jack up to around 5.5% the moment employee pricing started. For my Sport (w/sunroof) which was around $55k CDN the employee discount was $5k but then the different in jack up interest rates equated to about $2.5k more in interest over a 4yr finance...therefore over all discount was a mere $2.5K on a $55k vehicle.

This is the trick...they let the employee pricing run for a number of months with the jack up interest rate and usually a few months in they lower the rate back down so you get the employee pricing and the low rate...therefore your $5K discount is a true $5k discount. In addition the Costco credit (which was $1000 for the Explorer) started in July and ran for many months.

This is what you do!!! Look at the interest rates now, watch them get jacked the moment they start the employee pricing, wait until the Costco rebate starts. Build and price your vehicle on the internet.
The very first month the Employee pricing is on, the Costco credit is on and the interest rate come back to earth...pull the trigger with all 3 in effect.

Last year 2013, this happened in the Month of Aug! Don't get sucked into buying an outgoing last years model on the lot, with all these fancy discounts the dealer proposes...you can still get that same or better pricing on the new model year as long as you're willing to order it and wait the 4-8 wks for delivery.

Back