Ford ESP at dealer cost to forum members | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford ESP at dealer cost to forum members

Bought my 2018 EX XLT in Feburary. It's a CPO and I got 7 year 100,000 mile CPO warranty. Should I add the ESP? Will it give me more than what I have? Vehicle currently just over 20,000 miles.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bought my 2018 EX XLT in Feburary. It's a CPO and I got 7 year 100,000 mile CPO warranty. Should I add the ESP? Will it give me more than what I have? Vehicle currently just over 20,000 miles.
What exactly is that 7 year, 100k mile warranty. I believe a Ford CPO is only 12 months or 12k miles. In the attached link it does mention 7 years, 100k powertrain.https://www.motor1.com/reviews/386590/ford-cpo-warranty/ An ESP would cover many other items. https://fordprotect.ford.com/extended-service-plan
Your 2018 is still within the factory powertrain warranty but not the bumper to bumper if has been more than 3 years since it was first put into service.

Peter

What exactly is that 7 year, 100k mile warranty. I believe a Ford CPO is only 12 months or 12k miles. In the attached link it does mention 7 years, 100k powertrain.https://www.motor1.com/reviews/386590/ford-cpo-warranty/ An ESP would cover many other items. https://fordprotect.ford.com/extended-service-plan
Your 2018 is still within the factory powertrain warranty but not the bumper to bumper if has been more than 3 years since it was first put into service.

Peter
Correction:
12-month/12,000-mile Comprehensive Limited Warranty coverage (whichever comes first)• 7-year/100,000-mile Powertrain Limited Warranty coverage (whichever comes first)• 24-Hour Roadside Assistance2• 172 points of inspection by certified technicians• 22,000 FordPass™ Rewards Points3 to use toward scheduled maintenance visits or other rewards• CARFAX® Vehicle History Report• SiriusXM® complimentary 3-month trial4• Ford cars, SUVs and trucks (up to 350-Series) that are current or five previous model years and have fewer than 80,000 miles can qualify• A full tank of fuel, fresh oil and filter, and new wiper blades• Service available at any Ford Dealer in the 50 states

Is the esp only for newer vehicles? The one I'm looking at is a 2016. Also is there an inspection?

Is the esp only for newer vehicles? The one I'm looking at is a 2016. Also is there an inspection?
I just replied to your other thread. It looks like you went from the 2019 to a 2016. Not knowing the details. I think the newer one would be a better choice. If the Explorer is no longer under warranty, I believe you would be purchasing a 'used vehicle' ESP and I think in that case an inspection is required. I'm sure that is covered in this thread.

Peter

I just replied to your other thread. It looks like you went from the 2019 to a 2016. Not knowing the details. I think the newer one would be a better choice. If the Explorer is no longer under warranty, I believe you would be purchasing a 'used vehicle' ESP and I think in that case an inspection is required. I'm sure that is covered in this thread.

Peter
Yes, someone unfortunately got to the 2019 one before I did. The dealer was a little slow on taking down the ad. Thanks again for responding, much appreciation.

See post #1.

Peter
Peter, thank you for your attention, persistence, and patience. Most of my questions have been answered.

I have had two different ford dealers recommend non-Ford plans. Is there a place that compare Ford vs non-Ford plans? (They must get a better commission for promoting those.)

thx heaps!

Peter, thank you for your attention, persistence, and patience. Most of my questions have been answered.

I have had two different ford dealers recommend non-Ford plans. Is there a place that compare Ford vs non-Ford plans? (They must get a better commission for promoting those.)

thx heaps!
Sorry. hmm. If already listed, I will find it. havent read the whole thread yet

thx heaps!
Most members have advised staying away from so-called 3rd party extended warranties. I think you'd be hard pressed to do better than what Joel can provide.

Peter

If you are ready to buy one, please PM. If you are not ready, do not inquire with me. He has many priorities at his dealership and the fact he is doing this for us, I want only serious people ready to purchase to call.
I don't think I can PM yet because I just registered. Could you please put me in touch with Joel?

About six months ago, we bought a CPO 2018 Platinum for my wife. It only has 33k miles, but the original warranty expired last month.

I don't think I can PM yet because I just registered. Could you please put me in touch with Joel?

About six months ago, we bought a CPO 2018 Platinum for my wife. It only has 33k miles, but the original warranty expired last month.
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
You can PM as soon as you join. The person to PM (start a Conversation) with is blwnsmoke. He mentions that in the very first post. Just click on his name in the margin and then select "Start conversation".

Peter

Just got a 4yr/36k mile plan with Joel, very patient with all of my questions, especially since I changed vehicles after the initial quote.

Is there a grace period for the esp? Also can you use your fordpass point to cover the deductible?

Thank you

Not sure about the points but there was no grace period for mine, it was active once I e-signed the doc and provided the payment.

For those that contacted Joel for pricing how long did it take for a response from him? I sent email last Tuesday (12/28) and a follow up yesterday. No response.

I have the same question.

Did you ever get an answer? From somewhere else, perhaps?

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
If considering an ESP, Joel's prices are hard to beat. I believe he also offers 2 years interest-free financing.

Peter

Yes. I sent another email from my work address. He was very helpful in answering my questions. I've owned 7 new Ford vehicles in my life. Never had an instance where an ESP was needed but with todays vehicle I decided I would. Hopefully I won't need it but then again I paid for it so I'd hate to think I bought something I'll never use.

Yes. I sent another email from my work address. He was very helpful in answering my questions. I've owned 7 new Ford vehicles in my life. Never had an instance where an ESP was needed but with todays vehicle I decided I would. Hopefully I won't need it but then again I paid for it so I'd hate to think I bought something I'll never use.

So you did add ESP to a used vehicle. That was my question... ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Most of us have homeowner/renter and car insurance as well that we hope we won't have to use, but it's there if we do.

Peter

Back