Ford ESP at dealer cost to forum members | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford ESP at dealer cost to forum members

@blwnsmoke I sent a message on Thursday, just a heads up. Waiting to hear back. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Has anyone been successful in getting Joel's contact info recently? No luck here.

My experience with this process so far...a big fail.

I was eventually given an email address to contact (thought it was supposed to be call and process everything all at once). 6 days have gone by with no response to the email. At this point I just suggest going through other internet esp providers.

My experience with this process so far...a big fail.

I was eventually given an email address to contact (thought it was supposed to be call and process everything all at once). 6 days have gone by with no response to the email. At this point I just suggest going through other internet esp providers.

You can go to flood then and buy it.

Still not sure why this is so top secret. I thought there was a post very recently with his contact info, but I don't see it anymore - must have been deleted.

The few times I've conversed with Joel via phone/email, he said he didn't even know anything about blwnsmoke or the thread on this forum, and he didn't have anything to do with any online postings. I thought it was odd, but he said his pricing was his pricing and that was that. Anyone that called or emailed him got the same pricing.

The only benefit I see with Joel is the 24 month payment plan, but if one doesn't care about that, Flood is certainly faster/easier/online.

Still not sure why this is so top secret. I thought there was a post very recently with his contact info, but I don't see it anymore - must have been deleted.

The few times I've conversed with Joel via phone/email, he said he didn't even know anything about blwnsmoke or the thread on this forum, and he didn't have anything to do with any online postings. I thought it was odd, but he said his pricing was his pricing and that was that. Anyone that called or emailed him got the same pricing.

The only benefit I see with Joel is the 24 month payment plan, but if one doesn't care about that, Flood is certainly faster/easier/online.

Interesting comment since I've been dealing with him for 13 years and that he says you are full of poo.

And not sure why you are even commenting in here since it has absolutely nothing to do with you and you are spreading lies.

And to others who have sent him an email, he has asked for some patience. Phone lines are down from the hurricanes this week and his internet is spotty at best.

20200306_135452.jpg

Interesting comment since I've been dealing with him for 13 years and that he says you are full of poo.

And not sure why you are even commenting in here since it has absolutely nothing to do with you and you are spreading lies.
No need to get mad or call people liars. I didn't say that he didn't know you personally, just that he apparently didn't know "Mr. Blowingsmoke".

I don't know your real name, so I when I first talked to Joel back in March 2018, I mentioned "Mr. Blowinsmoke" and explorerforum and, long story short, he said he had no idea what I was talking about, that he was not a member of any forums, and basically said he sold to everyone at the same price. I didn't record my calls with him, but I do have the e-mails where I asked about the special pricing for explorerforum members and he again confirmed that his pricing was the same as Flood and there wasn't any special deal for explorerforum members - price is same to everyone.

So, is there a deal for forum members or not?

If no, and Joel sells all ESPs at dealer cost to everyone, then it only seems right to be clear about that and either update the thread or retire it. No sense in continuing to misled people into thinking they are getting a deal for being a forum member when they aren't.

If yes, then what is the deal for forum members? If it is cost, then see above comment.

I'm not saying any of this to be a jerk. I don't personally care who people choose to do business with. Joel and flood (and maybe some others out there?) are the same price. Joel has said his process is slower than Flood, but Joel offers 24 month financing at no upcharge which some may prefer. Flood offers online ordering, which some may prefer and find to be easier/faster/better.

I get that you think you're doing him a solid (just a little poo pun there for fun) by trying to pre-screen his ups, but he works at a car dealership and his contact info is on their website. I'm sure he's gotten more than a few emails and phone calls that were a waste of his time. That's how business works.

On a side note, well wishes to Joel and his family/friends/fellow residents that were impacted by the tornado/severe weather.

No need to get mad or call people liars. I didn't say that he didn't know you personally, just that he apparently didn't know "Mr. Blowingsmoke".

I don't know your real name, so I when I first talked to Joel back in March 2018, I mentioned "Mr. Blowinsmoke" and explorerforum and, long story short, he said he had no idea what I was talking about, that he was not a member of any forums, and basically said he sold to everyone at the same price. I didn't record my calls with him, but I do have the e-mails where I asked about the special pricing for explorerforum members and he again confirmed that his pricing was the same as Flood and there wasn't any special deal for explorerforum members - price is same to everyone.

So, is there a deal for forum members or not?

If no, and Joel sells all ESPs at dealer cost to everyone, then it only seems right to be clear about that and either update the thread or retire it. No sense in continuing to misled people into thinking they are getting a deal for being a forum member when they aren't.

If yes, then what is the deal for forum members? If it is cost, then see above comment.

I'm not saying any of this to be a jerk. I don't personally care who people choose to do business with. Joel and flood (and maybe some others out there?) are the same price. Joel has said his process is slower than Flood, but Joel offers 24 month financing at no upcharge which some may prefer. Flood offers online ordering, which some may prefer and find to be easier/faster/better.

I get that you think you're doing him a solid (just a little poo pun there for fun) by trying to pre-screen his ups, but he works at a car dealership and his contact info is on their website. I'm sure he's gotten more than a few emails and phone calls that were a waste of his time. That's how business works.

On a side note, well wishes to Joel and his family/friends/fellow residents that were impacted by the tornado/severe weather.

You are kidding me right? The title of the thread is "ford esp at dealer cost to forum members". I have never claimed anything but so there is no false advertising. On top of that, this was created before Flood went to dealer cost because of Joel. Just because Flood has now matched Joel does not give me a reason to change the title.

If someone doesnt want to go through him then dont, www.floodfordesp.com.

He has told me he has about a 50% sell rate to people who contact him through the site. Some just are trying to find out what cost is so they can get their own dealer to match, he doesnt care. However, he prefers email and he created an email specifically for us because his spam filter is set very high when it comes to his normal dealer email address. You havent dealt with him for 13 years, you do not know what his preferences are and you do not know what our conversations have been (hundreds of emails back and forth).

In regards to him not knowing the blwnsmoke, joel was a member here.. he knows about the sticky thread here and has known about it since I did it from the get go.

Yes his info is all over the net because of our dealings but if I can help him with a little spam control and a few people who are those tire kickers wasting his time then I will do so and try and filter people. That is the only reason I ask people to PM.

And just to throw in there, the Canadian dealer that I setup does the $200 over cost to forum members only. They do not offer that to the public and you must be a forum member. They have requested I do not post their info anywhere on the net to prevent angering their customers who may google search them.

So yes, I filter to try to prevent their time being wasted as much as possible. Joel has been nothing but fantastic for me even helping with non esp issues with Ford and/or answering other questions for me.

Not kidding. It's not just the thread title, it is the your first comment in the thread started on Dec 4, 17:
Guys, I have been referring hundreds to Joel for ESP and Maintenance plans. I spoke with Joel yesterday and he is now selling them at dealer cost to forum members...

I first emailed him at the beginning of Mar 18. Since the first time I contacted him, Joel said he was selling at cost to everyone, not just forum members. There has been no special pricing for forum members for at least the last 2 years since Mar 18. I can't really say if there was actually "special pricing to forum members" between your original post in Dec 17 and the end of Feb 18, but, if I had to guess, he was probably just offering the same price to everyone during those 3 months the same as he has for the last 2 years. Doesn't really matter at this point.

Here is my email from Mar 18 with Joel where I asked about the explorerforum deal and his response is below.

oPGV9k3.jpg

If he was a member here and knows about the forum and the sticky thread like you say, why would he act like he didn't know about it when I asked over the phone, and why would he say in an e-mail that he wasn't a member of any forums? This isn't some covert CIA OP in some foreign country, but you and him may want to get your backstories in sync.

Anyway, I don't really care. It's not worth my time to continue blowing smoke back and forth and although the game being played here is intriguing, it is not intriguing enough for me to keep playing. I will drop out and cede victory to you.

In fairness, I got mine from Joel. At the time it was a quick and painless process and the cheapest. Pricewise I think the other dealers have just dropped theirs to match and the 'at cost' thing may now be a standard. IMS, it was about $500 cheaper than my local dealer for a high mileage, cover everything type warranty.

As always YMMV...

Guys, I have been referring hundreds to Joel for ESP and Maintenance plans. I spoke with Joel yesterday and he is now selling them at dealer cost to forum members because of how Flood has been matching him.

He will not do communication by email, he will only do it on the phone. Members have been emailing him, getting a quote and then having their dealer match him.

I will NOT refer members to him to waste his time. He has been fantastic to forum members for 8 years!!

If you are ready to buy one, please PM. If you are not ready, do not inquire with me. He has many priorities at his dealership and the fact he is doing this for us, I want only serious people ready to purchase to call.

He will also do 24 month financing at 0%.

Excludes Canada and FL.

Hi Blwnsmoke,
Interested in purchasing ESP asap, what info do you need from me? Thx

Thanks for posting this information. I had no idea that dealers were selling online at a discount. I called Fords direct ESP sales line and was really discouraged by their quotes. I was ready to give up until I saw this post. I was down to less than 200 miles on the factory warranty when I saw this. I ended up getting my ESP through Flood and got an amazing price that I was really happy with. Kudos to you all for educating us!!!

Joel was absolutely awesome today. Very professional, thoughtful, and took the time to answer some questions and explain my options. I highly recommend him and his dealership!
Guys, I have been referring hundreds to Joel for ESP and Maintenance plans. I spoke with Joel yesterday and he is now selling them at dealer cost to forum members because of how Flood has been matching him.

He will not do communication by email, he will only do it on the phone. Members have been emailing him, getting a quote and then having their dealer match him.

I will NOT refer members to him to waste his time. He has been fantastic to forum members for 8 years!!

If you are ready to buy one, please PM. If you are not ready, do not inquire with me. He has many priorities at his dealership and the fact he is doing this for us, I want only serious people ready to purchase to call.

He will also do 24 month financing at 0%.

Excludes Canada and FL.

I had a very similar experience as @Captainkmo in Post #157.
I emailed Joel and yesterday we had a back and forth email discussion. He was very professional, answered my questions and even sent me an ESP Premiumcare brochure. I will be buying an extended ESP warranty from him a few days before my existing ESP warranty ends.

Note: My 2016 Explorer (originally bought 09/01/2015) has only 40k miles on it but the original ESP warranty I purchased from
Flood Ford was for 5 years/100k miles. The time expires before the mileage added up so we're gonna keep the car but only if we hold a Ford ESP warranty.

I'm looking to get the premiumcare for the used 2018 Explorer XLT with 33k miles that I'm about to purchase. The dealer lowered the price by $200 and was offering me $2700 for 8yr/100k. Flood Ford has it at $1620... Is floodfordesp legit? Just making sure. The price seems too good to be true, just don't want to get burnt. Plus I doubt my dealer will match it either, he wouldn't even budge when I asked for more off the $2700 price and told him I'm not getting it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm looking to get the premiumcare for the used 2018 Explorer XLT with 33k miles that I'm about to purchase. The dealer lowered the price by $200 and was offering me $2700 for 8yr/100k. Flood Ford has it at $1620... Is floodfordesp legit? Just making sure. The price seems too good to be true, just don't want to get burnt. Plus I doubt my dealer will match it either, he wouldn't even budge when I asked for more off the $2700 price and told him I'm not getting it.
Flood Ford is legit but as many on here have done, try sending a private message to blwnsmoke and get in touch with Joel. He will match or better the deal. Flood lowered its costs to try and match Joel.

Peter

Back