Ford ESP at dealer cost to forum members | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford ESP at dealer cost to forum members

I'm looking to get the premiumcare for the used 2018 Explorer XLT with 33k miles that I'm about to purchase. The dealer lowered the price by $200 and was offering me $2700 for 8yr/100k. Flood Ford has it at $1620... Is floodfordesp legit? Just making sure. The price seems too good to be true, just don't want to get burnt. Plus I doubt my dealer will match it either, he wouldn't even budge when I asked for more off the $2700 price and told him I'm not getting it.

Make sure it is the plan you want as there are four different plans based on components covered. ESP site.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Make sure it is the plan you want as there are four different plans based on components covered. ESP site.
.....and get the 1st day rental option. I believe Joel includes that at no charge but you can confirm.

Peter

Flood Ford is legit but as many on here have done, try sending a private message to blwnsmoke and get in touch with Joel. He will match or better the deal. Flood lowered its costs to try and match Joel.

Peter
Researched this for a couple of weeks from several supposedly "dealer cost" Ford dealers mentioned here. My local Ford dealer that I have used for 2 years (Auto Nation Tustin Ford) for routine maintenance on my 2017 CPO Explorer called me as my warranty was about to expire & offered me the Premium ESP warranty ( 9 years. 100k miles & $100 deductible) for $5800!!! Ridiculous. I contacted member Blwnsmoke for info to request quote from Joel. Got his Joel's email address & got a response from Joel over this Labor Day weekend for the same coverage for $1390 & 24 months to pay at 0% interest. Kudos to both those gentlemen for getting this done over a holiday weekend. I have researched this & I don't believe you can any better than this. Just my opinion. Thx to all those out there who take their time to post such valuable info.

^^Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Did you include 1st day rental?

Peter

Researched this for a couple of weeks from several supposedly "dealer cost" Ford dealers mentioned here. My local Ford dealer that I have used for 2 years (Auto Nation Tustin Ford) for routine maintenance on my 2017 CPO Explorer called me as my warranty was about to expire & offered me the Premium ESP warranty ( 9 years. 100k miles & $100 deductible) for $5800!!! Ridiculous. I contacted member Blwnsmoke for info to request quote from Joel. Got his Joel's email address & got a response from Joel over this Labor Day weekend for the same coverage for $1390 & 24 months to pay at 0% interest. Kudos to both those gentlemen for getting this done over a holiday weekend. I have researched this & I don't believe you can any better than this. Just my opinion. Thx to all those out there who take their time to post such valuable info.

When I was picking up my Ford the dealer was trying to push some other plan and not the Ford ESP plan. It was also around $6K. It was big time pressure sales. The Finance guy kept on badgering that I need this. I kept telling him no and he kept on. I know they all get a commission from this but it got a little annoying. I will definitely be contacting Blwnsmoke to get more information from Joel soon. This site is a life saver.

Update on Post #158: Just before my existing ESP Warranty ended I texted Joel and he called me back, the process was simple and done with a credit card. He is a nice guy, easy to talk to and work with. All the paperwork was executed by Two Rivers Ford using Adobe Sign via email and I was emailed the new ESP Contract soon after signing. I printed it out and put the contract in the car with the other papers.
Easy Peazee.
Now I can keep my 'looks like new' Exploder for a few more years with some peace of mind.

When I was picking up my Ford the dealer was trying to push some other plan and not the Ford ESP plan. It was also around $6K. It was big time pressure sales. The Finance guy kept on badgering that I need this. I kept telling him no and he kept on. I know they all get a commission from this but it got a little annoying. I will definitely be contacting Blwnsmoke to get more information from Joel soon. This site is a life saver.
I got the same irritating pressure from the 'finance guy'. He was pushing it so hard and painting such a horror story of repair costs that I almost got up and walked out. Not only because he was being such a pain but because he was giving me some serious doubts as to the overall reliability. A very strange tactic to say your product is crap to try to get additional sales.

I too got an extended warranty from Joel.

:snicker: "A very strange tactic to say your product is crap to try to get additional sales." :thumbsup:

Peter

I would like to add on 2 to 3 years & say 36k more miles to my original 3 yr 36k warranty. Who do I contact on here?

I would like to add on 2 to 3 years & say 36k more miles to my original 3 yr 36k warranty. Who do I contact on here?
See post #1.

I'm curious if anyone, that got the extended warranty, has gotten any acknowledgement from Ford?

I got the e-docs from Joel but I was kinda expecting some formal documentation in the mail.

Probably a stupid question, but I'll take the risk. :snicker::) Are there warranties for a '99 with 180k miles on it?

Probably a stupid question, but I'll take the risk. :snicker::) Are there warranties for a '99 with 180k miles on it?
If there were a company that did, I doubt I would trust them.

Sent @blwnsmoke a "conversation" to get joels info but in a post i saw it looked like i need to send a PM? i cant seem to find the option to send a PM other than "start a conversation".

Sent @blwnsmoke a "conversation" to get joels info but in a post i saw it looked like i need to send a PM? i cant seem to find the option to send a PM other than "start a conversation".
Same thing. The wording was hanged with a Forum update a while ago.

Peter

Hello,

Just purchased a 18 Explorer XLT with the 3.5l V6, pucharsed the CarMax ESP, and wondering if the ESP from Joel will be significantly less. Just found this post regarding the ESP offering.

The CarMax price was 5yr/125K miles on the clock for $2,800.

Thank you!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hello,

Just purchased a 18 Explorer XLT with the 3.5l V6, pucharsed the CarMax ESP, and wondering if the ESP from Joel will be significantly less. Just found this post regarding the ESP offering.

The CarMax price was 5yr/125K miles on the clock for $2,800.

Thank you!
Yes, It would be substantially Less.

Back