Ford ETIS is different now, what happened? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford ETIS is different now, what happened?

ExPlat

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer Platinum
Ford ETIS used to provide a detailed build sheet of a specific VIN, kind of an easy to read version of the window sticker.
Now it only shows the vehicle model, engine and color, I wonder why it changed?
Anybody know how to bring up the build sheet now?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks Peter! I checked that Ford-trucks decoder and the it's very helpful in describing the general Ford vehicle & model info, their disclaimer even says it may not be specific for individual builds of the the general model.
Well, I'm sorry to see the ETIS info is not available to the general public now and very glad I kept the Monroney sticker for my car.

You need to create an account and login

You need to create an account and login
I looked at that and please correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems one must be either an Independent Operator or Ford Dealer and want to spend 50 Euros to register.

Following the registration process and prior to accessing Mechanical Repair, Body & Paint, Wiring Diagrams and IDS licence fee payment, an initial minimum Pre-Payment of 50 Euros is payable to Ford on the Website using a valid credit or debit card. This is the Initial charge for your FordEtis account. All other technical information on the FordEtis site is free of charge.

I've registered as an IO, and unless i've got a bill in the mail, i havnt paid anything :p
was able to access the vehicle lookup without any issues.

Following the registration process and prior to accessing Mechanical Repair, Body & Paint, Wiring Diagrams and IDS licence fee payment, an initial minimum Pre-Payment of 50 Euros is payable to Ford on the Website using a valid credit or debit card. This is the Initial charge for your FordEtis account. All other technical information on the FordEtis site is free of charge.

I've registered as an IO, and unless i've got a bill in the mail, i havnt paid anything :p

Yep - this seems to be the only way to get the detail now - not sure what this means for the asbuiltexplorer program as it doesn't seem to be able to pull the ETIS files in the correct format...

Worked for me too, registered an an IO, and everything comes up fine.

Back