Ford ETIS search help needed | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford ETIS search help needed

RR2003

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 explorer
Hi Everybody,

I am trying to find detailed information on the scrapped 1997 explorer from which I bought parts (see thread: UK/Europe (not US) 1997 Explorer Wiring Diagram needed ). For this, I need the VIN number. Sadly, the previous owner didn't kept the papers when he scrapped the car, but, hopefully he remembered its reg...

I know that there is a very easy and free solution to solve this and so I went on the website http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSelector.do# in which you can get all the information on your Ford based on the Reg or Vin, but I cannot access the "Reg search", only the "VIN search". The Reg input box just doesn't appear, after checking on another forum (pistonheads), it seems that this might be a question of browser (only compatible with Internet explorer/old versions of internet explorer?) It would not work with latest versions, Chrome or Safari.

can someone try to do the search for me and give me the VIN by PM?

many thanks for your help,

Bob

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did you try the alternate method searching by model, year, month, day?

I would have tried, but it didn't propose it either (only VIN search), however I found an alternative way to get the info in the meantime so the problem is solved!

Many thanks for your help,

Bob

Tried FordEtis Vehicle Lookup using your VIN.
VINs should be 17 characters long.

Another alternative?

Tried FordEtis Vehicle Lookup using your VIN.

Another alternative?

This is normal, what I gave you was the reg, not the VIN, Etis allows to search by VIN or REG, I found the VIN in the meantime, so problem is solved!

Thank you also for the link, however, it is the US version diagrams, the one I need is the european one...

Thanks for your help,

Bob

Back