Elitus Explorus
Reaction score
City, State
White City, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLT 4x4
Anyone heard about this one yet??

I found it on Ford Truck World..

FORD THAILAND SETS TO EXPAND IN ALL SEGMENTS; WORLD PREMIERE OF "FORD EVEREST" TO BE AT BANGKOK INTERNATIONAL MOTOR SHOW

FORD MOTOR COMPANY PRESS RELEASE

Bangkok, Thailand, 14 March 2003 – Ford Thailand takes an aggressive stance to improve in all market segments to realize its "Retail Excellence" strategy, starting with the world premiere of "Ford Everest SUV" at the 24th Bangkok International Motor Show during March 27 – April 6, 2003, at BITEC.

Mr. Chatchai Bunnag, President of Ford Thailand, said, "With ‘Retail Excellence’ as the core strategy, we have taken several major initiatives this year starting with the new organizational structure. We have established new business units with clear responsibilities to gain greater flexibility and efficiency. We have already appointed experienced executives and management team to oversee each unit. In addition, we are strengthening our relations with Ford dealers nationwide and help them to grow rapidly. More importantly, we will strengthen our market position with the offering of various vehicles that meet the different needs of consumers in all market segments."

Under its Retail Excellence strategy, Ford has set five major tasks as follows:

Expand its dealer network from the current 70 to 120 outlets nationwide by the end of the year. This expansion also requires almost doubling the size of the national sales team at the dealership level.
Enhance customers’ sales, service and product ownership experience through improvement in sales efficiency and customer service, and delighting customers through ownership programs like 24-hour Roadside Assistance and Free Maintenance on selected vehicle line.
Making ownership of Ford products more attractive through innovative "Easy To Own" financing programs through our partnership with Ford Credit.
Invest in extensive training programs at both sales and service level to meet our customer demand.
Introduce and freshen Ford’s product lineup with an intense focus on the rapidly growing new SUV segment.
Ford’s global strength is in SUV and light trucks with some of the best selling models in the world, like the Ford Explorer which has been the best selling SUV in the world since 1990. The Ford Escape, which was launched in Thailand December last year, is now ranked the no.2 most popular SUV. Complementing the Ford Explorer and Escape in Thailand will be the new 7-seater Ford Everest SUV that will be launched at the April Bangkok Motor Show on March 26, 2003.

"The Ford Everest is latest Ford global SUV. Ford has taken 3 years and close to US$100M in designing and developing the Ford Everest SUV. We are now ready to bring this latest innovative SUV product starting first with Thailand, and will start rolling out to more than 50 countries globally soon after Thailand launch."

"The Ford Everest SUV is also adds another pride to Ford in Thailand as it will be built at the AutoAlliance’s plant in Rayong province for both domestic and export markets. Building the 7-seater SUV in Thailand for global export markets not only demonstrates Thailand’s ability to produce world-class product quality, but also contributes tremendous values to the local economy. That it is making its world debut in Thailand is a wonderful celebration," added Chatchai.

The Thai consumers will have the opportunity to see and book the Ford Everest SUV for themselves before anyone else in the world at the 24th Bangkok International Motor Show where they will also have a chance to see all other Ford vehicles including Ford Tierra, Ranger, Escape and Explorer.

I think it looks like a cross between a Land Rover and a Trooper....

Attachments

• everest1.jpg
    everest1.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 1,946

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks pretty nice.. Very interested in seeing what the interior will look like.

Yeehaaaww! Look at that clearance! Glad to see Ford is getting back to the tough, high clearance SUVs! What is its suspension? It isn't that damn IRS is it?? That'd be great if it was solid in the rear and twin I beam in the front... I still love that clearance!:eek:

Looks sweet! Looks like a Solid rear and an IFS. Guess we can't have it all! But still is awsome looking! Anyword if we'll get it?

Its ugly:( It looks like a rip-off of the toyota land -cruiser:(

I agree with 88vert. I thought the same thing, looks like a land cruiser

Unfortunately it appears that it's only available in Thailand and in other parts of Asia. The only available engines are a 2.5L Diesel & 2.6L EFI.

Originally posted by Blee1099
Unfortunately it appears that it's only available in Thailand and in other parts of Asia. The only available engines are a 2.5L Diesel & 2.6L EFI.
Sounds like a real power house:rolleyes:

Originally posted by 88vert
Sounds like a real power house:rolleyes:

Yeah seriously, I like to see a nice V8 in one.

Looks like an older FJ

intellingent03.jpg

Detachable driveshaft will detach themselves to reduce shock in an accident in a frontal collision.

Sounds interesting!

I've visited my native land, the Philippines, a few times over the past couple of years and have seen SUVs with the same look and feel as this Everest. This looks pretty typical of the SUVs that are sold regionally in Asia. I doubt that it will ever come to the US because it looks like it directly competes with the Expeditions.

ok i did the conversions

Length 195.1 inches

width 71.1 inches

height 72.2 inches

Wheel base 112.6 inches

Ground clear 8.3 inches

weight 4x2 3600 lbs 4x4 3760 lbs.

i agree with several of the points made, the fact that it does resemble a land-cruiser, and that it needs a v-8. but i honestly like it, if it came to north america, i would consider one....

Trooper, Land Cruiser, lots of Nissan Xterra in the side. I Like it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I wonder who built it? Ford, Mazda, someone else?

Back