Ford Everest to Come to US | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Everest to Come to US

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Actaly I saw it driving around last week. It was covered in the traditonal masking stuff you see from spy photos, but you could tell it was a Extended Expedition. Did,'t look as cool and tough as the Excursion though. I guarantee it will have a name that starts with the letter "E" though.

Besides the Everest alrady exsits over in the Philippines

everest3.jpg

and this is the truck I saw

everest.f34.500.jpg

everest.r34.500.jpg

"Unlike the titanic Excursion, the new SUV will be built on a heavy-duty truck frame and should fit in most garages, according to the report."

Wasnt the Excursion built on the F250-350 truck frame. It doesnt get any more "heavy-duty" than that.

Cool. My dad's been impatiently waiting for this LWB Expedition to come out ever since I read about it in 2002.

The question is will it come with the Expedition engine options or the F250/350 engine options? I can't see how they'd fit the bigger engines, but if its only available with a 5.4 its not going to catch all the market.

The SUV, which has yet to be given an official name, will debut at the same time as a longer version of the Lincoln Navigator, the newspaper said.
Funny how that works. :confused:

Texplorer said:
"Unlike the titanic Excursion, the new SUV will be built on a heavy-duty truck frame and should fit in most garages, according to the report."

Wasnt the Excursion built on the F250-350 truck frame. It doesnt get any more "heavy-duty" than that.
Yes, but this one WILL fit in your garage! :p

"Quote:
The SUV, which has yet to be given an official name, will debut at the same time as a longer version of the Lincoln Navigator, the newspaper said."

"Funny how that works. "

Like the mazda tribute, ford escape and mercury mariner.... ugh.. its the sameeeee exact thing. why must they put seperate labels on them?

That Everest kinda looks like a Land Rover?

I know my garage is deep enough (22') ;) but I'm not sure my wallet is :eek:

Do you think it could look any more like a Landcruiser??

05.toyota.landcruiser.500.jpg

The one full pic is a current model in the Philippines. I agree that it doesn't look anything like a ford, but I highly doubt it will look like that here. From the other pics I'm betting it looks exactly like an 05 Expedition but 15" longer.

I thought ford was trying to DOWNSIZE their SUV's. I guess so much for that idea.

If ford really wanted to sell SUVs they'd make one for the off-road crowd. No I'm sorry, the current explorer, escape, and/or sport trac just don't cut it. Ford is giving their off-road SUV market share to the Nissan Xterra and Jeep Wrangler. I don't understand why...

Back