ford explorer 2003 crack thermostat | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ford explorer 2003 crack thermostat

balston

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
ford explorer
my ford explorer 2003 have a crack thermostat hose assy..any recommendation?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I recommend you replace it.

Do you mean lower thermostat housing? (4.0L SOHC)

Beat me to it.

I figured someone would post before mine could. Even if I had a better answer, I felt this had to be said.

Now to the op, if this is the 4.0 and you are referring to the large black plastic piece that also has a sensor in it, they're know to fail. Just need to swap it out.

hose plastic part issue

you have to be carefull with thoose plastic connectors (where the big hose wil be attached) sometimes ckacked on the lower part. between when hose finish and base starts. internally you will see e little crack. maybe cause by the hose vibration. so you will start to see a leakage at the top of the thermostat assy, but is not easy to know from where is. This happen to me when i replace the hose clamp an the hose later and the problems contunue there. i remove the cap and inspect inside finding a little crack inside the hose connector. I buy a new one and the vendor sent me a used one by error, when i inspect it had the same condition....so be carefull...

Back