• Register Today It's free!

Ford Explorer 2016 4x4 Platinum

retgeorge

Reaction score
City, State
Norfolk Va
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016-Ford-Explorer Platin
Just picked up my new 2016 4x4 Platinum and have put 180 miles on it. What a difference over my 2006 2WD Explorer XLT. The ride and performance is excellent, my touch is a blast, phone calls Text come through with ease. With the package Platinum offers over the rest of Explorer is well worth the money.

Attachments

• Ford Explorer 2016 4x4 Platinum 2.jpg
    Ford Explorer 2016 4x4 Platinum 2.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 561
  • Ford Explorer 4x4 Platinum 5.jpg
    Ford Explorer 4x4 Platinum 5.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 548
  • Ford Explorer 2016 4x4 Platinum 3.jpg
    Ford Explorer 2016 4x4 Platinum 3.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 571

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

IMO, that's the best color choice; which goes very well with the faux chrome accents.

Just picked up my new 2016 4x4 Platinum and have put 180 miles on it. What a difference over my 2006 2WD Explorer XLT. The ride and performance is excellent, my touch is a blast, phone calls Text come through with ease. With the package Platinum offers over the rest of Explorer is well worth the money.

Congratulations on your new Platinum. Mine should be delivered the first week in November.

Can you please tell me what brand of vent shades/window deflectors are the ones you have installed. They look that they are the in-channel ones.

Hello I got them through Ford assories because the in chanel cause problems. They attached on the outside and were made for the 2016-Ford-Explorer, also price was compare able to others.

Hello I got them through Ford assories because the in chanel cause problems. They attached on the outside and were made for the 2016-Ford-Explorer, also price was compare able to others.

Thank you so much for the info. Reason I asked is because from the photo they look like the in chanel ones . I have the weather tech "in Chanel" I'm my 2013 Explorer Sport and I have never had a problem with the windows going up and down . Right now weather tech doesn't have the ones for a 2016 explorer in their website because they feel that the measurements on the new 2016 Explorer are different than previous models . I don't think there is a difference but I'm just waiting for weather tech to let me know when they become available .

Very nice dressed Explorer Platinum you have . Best of luck with it.

Hello If you go on line there is a discussion about in the chanel whether shield. Apparently the 2016 door has been changed, there is a sensor that detect any excessive force on closing and the glass size has changed. There are other companies that offer in the chanel but I did not what to chance it. Also I had the dealership put on the assories before I touch delivery, cost $150.

Thanks for sharing your new Platinum Explorer, it looks great !!! My last 3 SUVs have all been grey and black. I now feel I want a change, so I ordered a White Platinum, and will be at the DLR within the next 2 weeks. I want to know where did you get the chrome towing hitch step cover attachment? And I really want to know how the Sony 500W system sounds and how's the messaging seats? I know it's a new vehicle, so you probable haven't opened it up yet, but does the 365 HP feel fast? or just powerful?

Hello the step is from Bully with the brake light got it from E-trailer. The engine is both powerful and you feel it when turbos kick in. The nex thing you are at 80 plus. The sony sounds great with plenty of bass , have it set to surround with 1/3 volume. The seats are great for my back massage therapy works great. Still adjusting the seat and stering whell to get the right fit, the settings are unbelievable.

Very nice, enjoy your new explorer. Please keep the updates coming, along with pics as you "Explore More".

Color is Magnetic Metallic I had a detailer due the paint sealer cost $170 with the seats verse the dealership at $1200. Shop around for the best cost and products, with the color it shows streak marks after rain if you don't have it sealed.

Back