Ford Explorer 30th Anniversary Edition | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Explorer 30th Anniversary Edition

goalieThreeOne

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Memphis, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer Platinum

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i remembered that ford considered the X an icon model... and it was a huge hit in the US, so why not share it with us here? and why in china? are there alot of X sales there?

i remembered that ford considered the X an icon model... and it was a huge hit in the US, so why not share it with us here? and why in china? are there alot of X sales there?
I'm not from China and I have never been there, but my understanding is that what we would consider standard domestic brands in North America, are considered high end luxury vehicles in China. Hell, the only reason GM keeps Buick alive is because Buick absolutely dominates in vehicle sales in China. Something to do with a combination of having only had access to small economy cars in the past, the appeal of "big American" vehicles being seen as status symbols, and a rapidly growing middle class. So while we would consider an Explorer a family hauler, they might consider more in the realm of an Escalade or Range Rover. You can even see it in the interiors for Fords that are sold in China. Premium materials, ultra large screens, etc.

I'm not from China and I have never been there, but my understanding is that what we would consider standard domestic brands in North America, are considered high end luxury vehicles in China. Hell, the only reason GM keeps Buick alive is because Buick absolutely dominates in vehicle sales in China. Something to do with a combination of having only had access to small economy cars in the past, the appeal of "big American" vehicles being seen as status symbols, and a rapidly growing middle class. So while we would consider an Explorer a family hauler, they might consider more in the realm of an Escalade or Range Rover. You can even see it in the interiors for Fords that are sold in China. Premium materials, ultra large screens, etc.
makes sense yeah. wouldnt mind a 30th anniversary X here though ;) maybe with someheritage touches to come back to the 1st gen;):D

That's more than depressing.

makes sense yeah. wouldnt mind a 30th anniversary X here though ;) maybe with someheritage touches to come back to the 1st gen;):D
I would love an Ex with a heritage package. Could you imagine if they made a modern version of the Eddie Bauer with gold painted cladding instead of black plastic?

But of course it's Ford. They couldn't even bother to put two tone paint on the Ex King Ranch. Also the 30th anniversary of the Ex in the States was last year.

I would love an Ex with a heritage package. Could you imagine if they made a modern version of the Eddie Bauer with gold painted cladding instead of black plastic?

But of course it's Ford. They couldn't even bother to put two tone paint on the Ex King Ranch. Also the 30th anniversary of the Ex in the States was last year.
true... heck a modern EB with true 4x4, retro touches, maybe throw in collumn shifting and/or a manual option... gonna get flamed for this, but no touchscreen, go back to old, big buttons that you can use with ski gloves on...ditch the electronic e brake... or heck, just make the 1st/2nd gen again on a shortened ranger platofrm ;) ;) ;) back ot big boxy... now thats somehting i would buy, fit it with the 7.3... or coyote.... but obviously its not a good idea at all, wouldnt sell, butcoolto imagine:D i'd even take true 4x4 and gold sides, and a few other touches

true... heck a modern EB with true 4x4, retro touches, maybe throw in collumn shifting and/or a manual option... gonna get flamed for this, but no touchscreen, go back to old, big buttons that you can use with ski gloves on...ditch the electronic e brake... or heck, just make the 1st/2nd gen again on a shortened ranger platofrm ;) ;) ;) back ot big boxy... now thats somehting i would buy, fit it with the 7.3... or coyote.... but obviously its not a good idea at all, wouldnt sell, butcoolto imagine:D i'd even take true 4x4 and gold sides, and a few other touches
A lot of what you're describing is a vehicle Ford already makes. It's called the Everest, sold in Asian countries, and based on the global Ranger platform. There's even a tactical version of the last gen used by the French military.

1653676421899.png

1653676448255.png

oh dang!!!! hadnt headr of it before... can they bring it here :D

Your second idea would actually get me to buy a new truck if they did a 2-door sport version. Little boxy modernized Explorer Sport would be up my alley. And build it in the Louisville Kentucky plant with the Ranger.

Your second idea would actually get me to buy a new truck if they did a 2-door sport version. Little boxy modernized Explorer Sport would be up my alley. And build it in the Louisville Kentucky plant with the Ranger.
oh yeah :cool: bring back the sport!!!

oh dang!!!! hadnt headr of it before... can they bring it here :D
Highly doubt they would. It's about the same size and is based on the same platform as the Bronco. So it doesn't really makes sense in NA, especially when the Bronco is going gangbusters for them.

Back