• Register Today It's free!

Ford Explorer Custom Question

Pimpin Yoda

Reaction score
City, State
Oklahoma City, Ok
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer '96 XLT 4x4
Alrighty. This is going to be a weird question but here goes. I have a 96 X and i love it but i like the 4runner too. The only thing i like about the 4runner tho is that the back window rolls down. How much money would i be looking at spending if i tried to do that the my X? And is it even possible?:confused:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

anything is possible...but the question is...is it worth the work and money to do it?

Would require a custom rear hatch, 3k+

This has been talked about before. Like Hartman said, it would be very expensive. There's just no cheap way around it. But if you do figure it out I'm sure you could sell about two dozen of them here.

learn to do body/mechanical work and do it yourself, but it will be trying and pricy!

This would be a very involved project for a do-it-yourselfer to do. I just don't think the results would be worth the money or the time it would take to do it.

Originally posted by Hartman
This would be a very involved project for a do-it-yourselfer to do. I just don't think the results would be worth the money or the time it would take to do it.

I agree. but if he is set on it that would the only way it would cost less than buying a new truck.

Take some measurements and see how close the Toy is to the X..you can cut off the back half (well about 6-8" from the rear) and graft it to your X..IF the measurements are close. Anything is possible..its just a matter of how bad you want it! Best of luck (now you got ME thinkin!):confused:

Well now that it has been discussed somebody HAS to do it! (just not me)

Back