Ford Explorer: Haynes Repair Manual 1991-2001 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Explorer: Haynes Repair Manual 1991-2001

ssandecki522

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Ford Explorer XLT
Is this manual worth buying with all the available information on the internet? I get get a good used copy for less than $10.00 and curious if anyone thinks it's a good idea.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Is this manual worth buying with all the available information on the internet? I get get a good used copy for less than $10.00 and curious if anyone thinks it's a good idea.

I have one and have gone through it a few times.

I have one also. Ive really only used it for torque specs. The manual is helpful, but in some cases its wrong.
A small example of this is that it says you can not change the cam with the motor installed since the oil pan has to come off. Well, it doesn't, and you can change the cam with motor in the vehicle.

Id say to get one, but if your doing a job make sure you ask questions here. The guys here know more about these vehicles than anyone and have done just about every job imaginable.

i find these manuals are very good if they are only covering a few years of production. for example the one for my daughter's PT Cursier was spot on and super helpful when i changed the timing belt last fall. i also have one for my 1991 plymouth grand voyager which cover a wide span of production years. it is almost usless except for things like torque specs and very general info. as the one you're considering covers 1991-2001 model years, i'd say it's probably not worth it to by it new. if you can find a used one on ebay for $10 or less get it.

Very useful, well worth the ten bucks.

pdf. torrent

or if anyone know of any pdf. file torrent ....that would be awsome :D

Back