• Register Today It's free!

Ford Explorer Magazine

bigfoot8931

Reaction score
City, State
Farnborough
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 and 2000 North Face
Well we have Land Rover magazines coming out of our ears. We also have 4 x 4 magazines which Ford Explorers are not represented. Anyone interested in a magazine where we get stuff that is of interest to our Explorers? I must admit I am no journo but surely there must be something that can be done. After all when my 99 North Face was made the Explorer it was the best selling 4 x 4 in the world and was for a few years. So lets get some stuff together. Articles, features, Readers Explorers, Greenlanes, pay and play sites, workshop section, letters, club information, meetings and events. There must be someone out there who can help with this.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

SOunds good mate- happy to contibute I suggest make it web based.
If we wanna do that on the web for example- we can do it free- check this out- I made this and it cost nothing at all and is expandable in every way you could imagine and has NO rubbish adds also!

http://h-drummer.synthasite.com/

Sounds like a bunch of us should get together in person or online and sort something out. Web based is the way to go. about time we had something just for our Exs

Hi Bigfoot
If you like you can have admin on the uk club site
see how you get on with that
I havent the time right now to input much ....so if you join up ill change your rights for you.
you can have a go at writing there ,its all set up mate and free ......make a magazine page whatever!

the links in my sig

Rich,
sounds good to me. I know the feeling about time. I have set stuff up in the past and not had time to run with it. I have a bit more time now so can hopefully do something that people will like.

By the way my name is Clive or as I am ex-army and being Welsh Taff stuck I answer to both but dont answer to Oi you! lol

Nice one Clive,
I did put a bit of time in but really some fresh blood in there be good
Ill try not be rude then lol seeing as your a trained killer haha "ahum" sshhhhh
Have a shot at it , not sure I did anything that great myself but have a go mate ,
ill try get it cleaned up a bit ,if I have a few mins
see you at the meet also,on some green lane sometime! :)

Right guys need some ideas for this magazine that we are going to do online. Do we want some anorak articles, tuning tips letters advice. At the end of the day this is going to be our mag by us for us, so ideas please on what we want. I have looked at quite a few mags, some are utter rubbish with loads of story but no substance. One mag did a few articles on readers 4x4s but lots of history and back ground but nothing of interest about that car, like what had they done to give it a 2" lift and what had they done to increase power etc. These are the things I would want to know others might not, so lets have some suggestions. We already have this forum so would we want to make it more like a mag or more like a forum? Personally I would prefer a mag. We can all contribute.

I think the mag would need events to take place regular otherwise it would be hard to write about much other than like a blog ..even then its hard to take loads of pics even when we been out for runs ...
.info wise apart from UK suppliers of explorer parts / workshops ect there's nothing that a'int on this site..
I mean theres so much info here for repairs / mods
not wanting to be negative though seems more mods are getting done now than last year so maybee we could do a feature ex per month lol just not mine right now hahaha
lol just Im outa ideas lol

Rich,

A feature Ex per month sounds good to me. We really need more input so we can cover as much as possible. I dont want to be duplicating the suff here, maybe rationalising it though or putting a link in the mag. Mind you what I or you would want others might not so I was hoping to get a few ideas from other guys as to what they want.

Clive

something fresh.......... wow thatll take some imagination ...help!!

Back