Ford Explorer Platinum Sound Deadening | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Explorer Platinum Sound Deadening

ExplorerFan08

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2008 Ford Explorer Limite
I've read several 3rd party reviews online as well as seen posters on this forum mentioning extra sound deadening on the Explorer Platinum model. However I can not find any official details directly from Ford.

Can anyone point me to an official Ford source of any extra sound deadening on the Platinum?

Also, can anyone give a personal opinion of road noise on the Platinum vs Limited model? I'm curious to hear if the Platinum offers a quieter ride.

I've read several 3rd party reviews online as well as seen posters on this forum mentioning extra sound deadening on the Explorer Platinum model. However I can not find any official details directly from Ford.

Can anyone point me to an official Ford source of any extra sound deadening on the Platinum?

Also, can anyone give a personal opinion of road noise on the Platinum vs Limited model? I'm curious to hear if the Platinum offers a quieter ride.
Welcome to the Forum.:wavey:
I believe one Platinum owner posted it was as quiet as a tomb.

Peter

The Platinum is very quiet and probably is on par with most luxury brands. However, you can still hear road noise with your tires if the road is harsh. This is to be expected. I cannot speak to how it sounds against a Limited, but it is quieter than the Sport.

Back