Ford Explorer Raptor / FX4 Prototype | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Explorer Raptor / FX4 Prototype

peterk9

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Russell, Ontario (Ottawa area)
Year, Model & Trim Level
2023 Aviator Reserve 201A
Callsign
VE3
1592319716489.png

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks ridiculous and it isn't even happening so no idea why they would even create an article like this

Looks ridiculous and it isn't even happening so no idea why they would even create an article like this
Who knows it might wake up an idea. I think my next vehicle will be the Raptor 2022.

Advertising dollars ............... And I do agree. It looks soooooooo ugly !

Advertising dollars ............... And I do agree. It looks soooooooo ugly !
I believe that's along the same line some members said when pictures of the 6th gen Explorer were first shown. Actually it doesn't look all that bad to me. But with the 2021 Bronco being introduced next month, I don't know if the market share will be there for another 'off-roader'.

Peter

I think it looks good. I mean they'll never make it, but it still looks good.

I believe that's along the same line some members said when pictures of the 6th gen Explorer were first shown. Actually it doesn't look all that bad to me. But with the 2021 Bronco being introduced next month, I don't know if the market share will be there for another 'off-roader'.

Peter
I was waiting for the Bronco, but after the pics and specs were leaked I decided that the XLT with its rear wheel drive/all wheel drive platform was the way to go. The Bronco sounded good at first, but the Explorer can hold all of our amps, speakers, guitars, mixing board...and my upright bass.

If they ever build that Explorer Raptor I'll be all over it faster than a hillbilly's heartbeat.

Peter
I don't see anything rugged other than the tires, and that is normal while testing vehicle to use wider tires. I think ford is testing Explorer with newer parts to see how they work in other words fixing all the kinks from first built.

I love the idea. I had a JKU Rubi hardrock and would of kept it if it had more room. A 3 row off road suv could sell like hot cakes. And put down the toyota 4runner even more

Back