Ford Explorer sport body colored door handles | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Explorer sport body colored door handles

jc_slick

Reaction score
City, State
New York City, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2021 Ford Explorer XLT
Hey Guys, Merry Christmas to all.

I was wondering if Ford would swap out the chrome door handles on my 2013 Ford Explorer Sport for the body colored door handles that come with the 2015. Has anyone ever tried this? If so, what were you charged? It will probably cost more since I have the push button start feature where the front doors have sensors on them I suppose right?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am sure you can just go to your local parts counter and order them then pay the service department to install them.

Don't pay anyone to install them it takes 5 minutes a door.....very simple. I provided some pics of my handle swap in a previous door handle post.

Don't pay anyone to install them it takes 5 minutes a door.....very simple. I provided some pics of my handle swap in a previous door handle post.

That link took me somewhere else. Can you link the post to it? Did you get different ones and then paint them or did you order yours from ford?

I also caught one of your videos with the LED red signal light on the back. Pretty cool. What license plate white led bulbs did you get for yours? Do you have pics of your sport? I really wanna complete the blackout look and have 35% tints on the front of my explorer only bc i don't want to get pulled over. You can tell they're lighter than the front so i have been able to get away it for a few months having them on.

Mind if I ask what you paid? Looking at the Ford parts site it seems like $100+ per door?

A little below that with an employee discount

Back