• Register Today It's free!

ford explorer sport power seats

vancouverexpo

Reaction score
City, State
surrey bc
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 sport
i have a 1995 ford explorer sport with a power driver seat. How ever it only seems to move about 2 inches on the tracks , is this a common problem ? If so how do I fix it ? Thanks guys

I do not know about common: but mine only move forward from the rear most travel about 4" and my wife says it is not close enough for her. We can not be the only ones with these problems. HELP

I have the same pproblem on my 98 Eddie. I remember reading somewhere that the rails get "out of rack" and won't let the seat travel completely. I unbolted my seat, and got full travel. Then when I went to put the seat back, only 3 of the 4 bolt holes lined up. I had to force the seat frame about 1/2 inch to get the last bolt in. If you get this figured out, let me know, cause my wife can't drive the Eddie, she's only 5'2''
Tom

Bent Seat Bracket

;)On my 99 Eddie it would only slide about 8" from the rear most position and my wife also was upset about having to reach too far to the steering wheel and brake pedal.

I unbolted the seat (not a fun job) with difficulty as the seat would not go forward far enough to uncover the back bolts. Along the inboard side of the seat is a steel rail that helps guide the receiver side of the seat belt as the seat moves forward. This bracket was bent and turned down to the point that it would dig into the carpet when moving forward and stop the seat.

I could not bend this bracket back into the proper shape to work correctly so I used a cut off wheel to slice it away from the seat lower frame. It will still dig into the carpet unless you take your right hand and push rearward slightly on the seat belt receiver while the seat moves forward. The wife loves it now.

I bought this car new and have no idea how this could have become damaged but I do recall back years ago this problem occured shortly after it went in for a recall about something to do with the seat belts.

HTH
Mike

Back