Ford Explorer SPORT vs Audi S4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Explorer SPORT vs Audi S4

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have both, and well, yeah, it's not close. My modded S4 can do as many high-11 second 1/4 mile passes in a row as you want. With a pulley, tune, and cooling system, they are pretty consistent low-12 second cars. Probably not the most reliable car (I've had no issues, but....), and Audi sucks worse than any other make as far as warranty on modified cars.

I've probably raced 15 Coyote (5.0) Mustangs at the 1/4 strip, and never lost to a naturally aspirated one (a S/C'ed drag car beat the &*%$ out of me). Fully modded, drag radials... didn't matter. Good races, and they usually make up the majority as Texas Motorplex open racing days.

I have both, and well, yeah, it's not close. My modded S4 can do as many high-11 second 1/4 mile passes in a row as you want. With a pulley, tune, and cooling system, they are pretty consistent low-12 second cars. Probably not the most reliable car (I've had no issues, but....), and Audi sucks worse than any other make as far as warranty on modified cars.

I've probably raced 15 Coyote (5.0) Mustangs at the 1/4 strip, and never lost to a naturally aspirated one (a S/C'ed drag car beat the &*%$ out of me). Fully modded, drag radials... didn't matter. Good races, and they usually make up the majority as Texas Motorplex open racing days.

My friend's that I raced, is completely stock, he has the very mods you mentioned in mind for his.

I was amazed that this Audi has launch control and how efficient and consistent it was. He too, spanked a few Coyotes that day. 4wd is proficient at the strip. :)

On another note...this Street-driven MISSILE was also there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRyRUi2b1Tk

My friend's that I raced, is completely stock, he has the very mods you mentioned in mind for his.

I was amazed that this Audi has launch control and how efficient and consistent it was. He too, spanked a few Coyotes that day. 4wd is proficient at the strip. :)

On another note...this Street-driven MISSILE was also there.

WRyRUi2b1Tk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRyRUi2b1Tk

Cool. You can do a lot more to the S4 (I have), but there are diminishing returns past those things (and intake is probably a good idea too). In cooler climates, you can get by without the cooling kit, but the car will get heat soaked pretty easily after a few passes. AWD+launch control is a good drag strip combo for sure. Most of the cars I beat are due to traction off the line.

GT-R's are definitely a few classes up....

What I'm eying in a year or so. Handles more like an Ex than an S4, but off the line the S4 is in trouble based on this 0-60 test...

https://youtu.be/7yL1ycg3-Lw

What I'm eying in a year or so. Handles more like an Ex than an S4, but off the line the S4 is in trouble based on this 0-60 test...

https://youtu.be/7yL1ycg3-Lw

The S8 is a beast for sure. There is also a lot of room for more power with a tune (up to 700 hp or so). Probably not a roadcourse car, but a pretty sweet highway cruiser (although I am still impressed with what the Explorer Sport can do on the highway when needed with a stab of the throttle.... I think it catches a lot of people off guard).

Try putting the Explorer in sand Mode. It engages full all wheel drive and you get instant response on throttle. Definitely makes a difference on the highway when I need the extra speed to get by cars lol

Try putting the Explorer in sand Mode. It engages full all wheel drive and you get instant response on throttle. Definitely makes a difference on the highway when I need the extra speed to get by cars lol

The truck is always launched in Sand Mode @ the Track.

Works great with the BFG KDW Tires.

Back