Ford Explorer Throttle Cable Mod | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Explorer Throttle Cable Mod

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

after doing my tps sensor which did make some differance to throtle response i thought id try this mod and what can i say my truck did a wheel spin on pull away which it has never nor would never do
the write up above mentions that we might need to do the same for our kick down but there is only the one cable so just do the throtle cable and enjoy the differance mine needed 2 cable ties .........

funny that my 96 had a cable tie and felt very responive, my 98 seems dull but i had the cable checked by flooring it and looking into the throttle body valve and it was fully open to the max so i dont need it. but i do have a single point mixer on the end of the intake pipe which has a very small opening compared the whole tube so its been restricted abit. ill mod this abit some time soon.

had a lookat mine tonight and found over an inch of slack,so have put a couple of ties on,will see how it feels when i go to work later.

you'll have to let us know how it went

well i think it was a bit better,seemed to pull as soon as i pressed the pedal,rather than having to press it a lot before it got going before,kickdown most definatly works aswell.

i think the kick down on ours is done electronicly but im glad it worked for you

Back