• Register Today It's free!

Ford Explorer XLT help please.

TwiztidRat

Reaction score
City, State
blah
Year, Model & Trim Level
blah blah
I recently have acquired a ford explorer xlt and already have nothing but love for it. I have a few questions about it though. When it's sat for 8+ hours and you start it up it starts to idle low than roars for about 20 seconds and than seems fine. Just wondering if that's normal as I have done some searching on here and everyone claims it's normal for these trucks.

Other issue I have is I have the stock manual dim mirror, and have bought an auto dim mirror from a 96 explorer but it doesn't have no harness or anything so was wondering if I needed to find this harness or if I can find this at radio shack or something? I have no knowledge about wiring and electronics, and have read the thread that addressed this common topic but without pictures or a video of how to I still can't understand it.

I don't have an answer for the mirror but when I start my 95 XLT, the idle is under the 1, possibly 800 rpms, then jumps up to a hair over the 1, possibly 1200 rpms, then after about 30 sec. it lowers itself back to 800 rpms. It has done that since my dad bought it in 97.

No, you need to get the harness from a junkyard and wire in yourself...

Back