• Register Today It's free!

Ford explorer

Jeffbibb

Reaction score
City, State
Michigan city Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 ford explorer
My 2002 ford explorer transmission slips when shifting from 2nd to 3rd.. It coded out at P0745 So anyways we changed the fluid, filter, and cleaned the selenoid pack.. That didn't work so I replaced the selenoid pack and unfortunately that didn't work either.. There was no grindings nor any metal flakes in the pan.. What next?

My 2002 ford explorer transmission slips when shifting from 2nd to 3rd.. It coded out at P0745 So anyways we changed the fluid, filter, and cleaned the selenoid pack.. That didn't work so I replaced the selenoid pack and unfortunately that didn't work either.. There was no grindings nor any metal flakes in the pan.. What next?
@Jeffbibb
Need to check electrical connections which feed power to Pressure Control Solenoid A. First likely place at connector, side of transmission. Last, up at the PCM connector. imp

More than likely your have worn servo bores and or a broken intermediate band. Try to adjust the intermediate band, if it turns in more than three turns the band is broken.

More than likely your have worn servo bores and or a broken intermediate band. Try to adjust the intermediate band, if it turns in more than three turns the band is broken.
@JK080
Good point! I always forget the PCM has no way of directly monitoring servo/band operation. But wonder why it does not detect unexpected shaft speeds and throw code for that. imp

Back