Ford Fusion/Edge Remote Key | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Fusion/Edge Remote Key

jvano

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 Explorer XLT, '08 EB
Hi, I was wondering if I were able to get a new Ford Fusion/Edge/Flex, etc. key, would it work with my 2004 Explorer XLT? I just want the remote key for the fact that I have a Remote Starter Fob in addition to my Factory Fob. If I could have the Key itself and Remote built into one, that would be awesome. I saw another post when I searched this and asked the same question but never got an answer. If someone could help me out that would be great. Thanks in Advance!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just got a fusion key on ebay and it works great with my '04.

As did i, but mine was a rip-off and not an official ford part, so look out.

They do work, but when I did mine it messed with my keyless entry. It deprogrammed my remote and then stopped working so just watch out what your buying.

Okay thank you very much. I am going to go ahead and get one off of eBay and give it a shot. I just hope I don't get a knockoff one.. Is there any way I could tell if it's a non-Ford one just by looking at it? Thank you again!!

I bought a nice flip key from ebay - from artiway - for my '04, cut it and programmed it without any problems. Highly recommended.

Thanks again for the help guys. I bought one last night and will let everyone know how it works out when I receive it!

Back