• Register Today It's free!

Ford headlight alignment specs???

Minivek

Reaction score
City, State
Quebec, Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 Limited Ex silver
Hi everyone, I need to realign my headlights after my lift in order to pass inspection here. My question is, does anyone know how the ford shop manual or dealerships adjust headlight height??? from what I've seen on the internet, most people seem to use the @ 25' the high intensity part of the beam must be 2" below and to the right of headlight height. Can anyone chime in on this, especially about the how Ford does it part.

Thanks a lot

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

anyone wanna take a guess on stock height at 25 feet??

anyone want to take a crack at stock headlamp height at 25 feet (preferably Ford specs) ???? thanks

Uh i dont know anything on this issue because i dont have to do to inspection in TN.

Someone will know bump for ya

I'm surprised they actually check this in inspections... weird.

That is whgat is written in ford manual shop CD

Headlamp Aim
Before making any headlamp adjustment, perform the following preparatory steps:
1. Remove ice or mud from under fenders.

2. Make sure all tires are inflated to recommended pressures.

3. Check springs for sag or broken leaves.

4. Take into consideration improper wheel alignment or improper tracking of the rear axle.

5. Make sure there is no load in the vehicle other than the fuel tank, one-half full.

6. Clean lenses and aiming pads.

7. Check for bulb burn-out and proper beam switching.

8. Make sure lamp output is well toward normal new lamp value.

9. Bounce the vehicle and allow to settle.

10. Make sure that the vehicle attitude is typical of how the vehicle is normally operated, i.e., with full load, carrying a trailer, etc.
Perform headlamp aim adjustments with Rotunda Headlamp Aiming Kit 107-00001 or equivalent. To aim the aerodynamically styled headlamps, the adjustable aimer adapters provided in the kit must be used. Adjustment aimer adapter positions are molded into the bottom edge of the headlamp lens.
Set and lock the adjustable adapters, attach each adapter to its mechanical aimer, and aim headlamps per latest instructions in the kit.
The equipment in Rotunda Headlamp Aiming Kit 107-00001 or equivalent can be calibrated to accommodate a slight slope in the floor, making it usable almost any place in the garage. However, area must be reasonably flat.

hey minivek send me a private message i live in Quiebec too and in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu city :)

check with the local dmv, i beleive they are what governs headlight height/beam intensity and focus

Back