Ford incentive offers?

Kirby Baker

Reaction score
City, State
Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Sport
A question for anyone that might know the answer to this:

If I choose to take the $1000 retail customer cash option, do I also get to take advantage of the purchase APR rates (i.e. 2.9% for 48 months)? Or is it one or the other?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Incentives

It is generally one or the other. I have a 2013 XLT on order and will take the $1000 since I can get just as good a rate from a local bank. Shop around..... interest rates are low.

The website shows it is only one, but when I went to order, my Ford dealer said they can often get better rates through their own finance companies than even Ford can provide. So I'm not sure if you can do both through FORD. So, I got the $1000 rebate, the $500 College Student rebate (grad school) and then 1.9% through my dealer! Pretty awesome!

If you have good credit score, you should be able to get a lower APR elsewhere than what Ford Credit offers. At least this was my case.

Don't forget to get you "private cash" offer for $750.00 via brochure (if still available)

If you have good credit score, you should be able to get a lower APR elsewhere than what Ford Credit offers. At least this was my case.

Don't forget to get you "private cash" offer for $750.00 via brochure (if still available)

What is generally considered "good" credit score (and by which agency)?

Trying to get the $750 (again). Had it once, but it expired before I settled on the Limited (vs. Sport).

What is generally considered "good" credit score (and by which agency)?

Trying to get the $750 (again). Had it once, but it expired before I settled on the Limited (vs. Sport).
I can't remember exact numbers, but I think if your "middle" score is around 750, you get the best rate (Tier A+)

I got the best rate with a 726. I was a 746, but we paid my wife's car off and the score dropped 20 points because we did not have a car loan. I am sure it will jump up 20 points now that we bought Storm Trooper at 1.79% (Bank of America).

I got the best rate with a 726. I was a 746, but we paid my wife's car off and the score dropped 20 points because we did not have a car loan. I am sure it will jump up 20 points now that we bought Storm Trooper at 1.79% (Bank of America).

Just looked at BofA and they list 2.79% for their lowest rate. Did it just change? Or do they give out better rates than the publish online?

My bank, Fifth Third, lists 2.83%.

I would think I should get those rates, I'm in the 740's, was in 770's 2 months ago, not sure what changed, better look into that.

Just looked at BofA and they list 2.79% for their lowest rate. Did it just change? Or do they give out better rates than the publish online?

I would think I should get those rates, I'm in the 740's, was in 770's 2 months ago, not sure what changed, better look into that.

Probably a special favor from BofA, based on the amount of customers we finance with them. I financed my last two vehicles from them, too, with perfect history.

You might check with a credit union too...they often have better rates. Our dealer got me 1.99% through their financing and I was able to get 1.5% through a credit union. So anything above 2 seems a bit high, unless your credit score isn't as good

I know absolutely nothing about credit unions. Would one (or any other bank than mine) really be interested in a vehicle loan without the rest of my business (savings, checking, cd's etc)?

At credit unions, it has been my experience that you need some sort of account there to become a member. Always worth checking out though. We got a great rate when we bought the Subaru that we traded in to get the Explorer.

I know absolutely nothing about credit unions. Would one (or any other bank than mine) really be interested in a vehicle loan without the rest of my business (savings, checking, cd's etc)?

Yes you'll probably have to open an account but most only require a small minimum

Yes you'll probably have to open an account but most only require a small minimum

Usually less than $100 bucks will get you in the door.

Thanks for the credit union tips. So I should be able to walk in and inquire about a car loan, and be prepared to open a checking or savings account with small balance and they should be interested? Good to know. Of course I will also tell me bank if they can match the % (or very close) they can have the loan, but not going to pay an extra 1-2% just to be in "my" bank.

Thanks for the credit union tips. So I should be able to walk in and inquire about a car loan, and be prepared to open a checking or savings account with small balance and they should be interested? Good to know. Of course I will also tell me bank if they can match the % (or very close) they can have the loan, but not going to pay an extra 1-2% just to be in "my" bank.

I doubt they will match. I have an account with a credit union and with a small community bank. The bank was higher than the credit union and even higher than the dealership financing...and they refused to lower it..just congratulated me of finding a better rate. It wasn't horrible (3 something) but like I said you can get 1.5-1.9% now if you have good credit

I doubt they will match. I have an account with a credit union and with a small community bank. The bank was higher than the credit union and even higher than the dealership financing...and they refused to lower it..just congratulated me of finding a better rate. It wasn't horrible (3 something) but like I said you can get 1.5-1.9% now if you have good credit

I agree that I doubt they will match either. I felt silly even suggesting it as an option! :)

Back