• Register Today It's free!

Ford Max batteries

jay_there84

Reaction score
City, State
el paso, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2006 ford explorer
What is it with those Ford Max batteries? They seem to go out on me just after the 3 year warranty is up. The first one that came with the car went out on me exactly 3 years and 3 months so I had to buy a new one. So then the next one went out on me again 3 years and 3 months almost to the day. Luckily Ford gives you some type of credit from 3 to 5 years of having the battery so it only cost me 45 bucks. But shouldn't they be lasting longer or should I just swap it out right before my 3 years are up on this next battery. It it's kinda strange that 2 batteries lasted about the same amount of time just about a day off.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The battery of my 1995 Explorer was good for 11 years.
My 2007 Explorer needed a new one after 3 years too.
Now I have a BOSCH.

@Lukas2009,

European Bosch batteries won't fit vehicles made in the US of A. Their cases are metric and way too small to fit snugly a battery tray from a f.e. Explorer. So you must have compromised somehow your tray, haven't you.

I read elsewhere that Ford now uses a different manufacturer for their batteries for awhile. I bought mines in 07 and have been through 2 dealer installed batteries. Luckily the 2nd one went bad so fast it was still covered under warranty so it was a free replacement.

@Lukas2009,

European Bosch batteries won't fit vehicles made in the US of A. Their cases are metric and way too small to fit snugly a battery tray from a f.e. Explorer. So you must have compromised somehow your tray, haven't you.

The BOSCH fits very well in the tray.
Just turn the small plastic holder upside down and use a longer screw!

10482836wa.jpg

10482835eg.jpg

Back