Ford Motorsports E Cam | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Motorsports E Cam

Can I run a ford E cam in a stock engine. Will I have valve to piston clearance issues. Im only asking cause I have one from one of my old mustangs. Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm running one with stock junk.

Sweet thanks Im gonna have to go ahead and install it. How good are the performance gains from it? In your opinion was it worth installing?

My truck came with gt-40p heads right? Section 525 your 96 is saweeeet dude.

It is waaaaaaaaaay better than stock. But a custom cam would probably be a better fit. But since you already have it, it would be totally worth your while to throw it in.

I had a Mountaineer with a 304ci and worked heads in it and my Explorer on 33s had way more pop.

In '97 you could have the 40s or 40ps. You'd have to check for the external EGR (P heads) or the stamp above spark plug #1 to figure which model you have.

Im going to start building another mountaineer soon. I cant decide if I want a turbo truck or an all motor 347. But I neeeed a little more power out of this truck being that it is my daily driver lol. I cant leave anything alone. I assume the p heads are better? I ran victor junior heads on my mustang. I never really messed with gt 40s at all.

Throw the bump-stick in there and you tell us

:D

You know what it will do. c'mon now--do it.

I know what it will do in a lighter mustang......Dont worry Im gonna put it in and I will let you know lol.

Back