Ford needs to spice up the Explorer exterior color options | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford needs to spice up the Explorer exterior color options

steve04KU

Reaction score
City, State
Dallas, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ford Explorer Sport
I would love to drive around a Sport model in "Grabber Blue" or "Race Red". 2017 Mustang colors.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I actually like the 'Canyon Ridge' color with the XLT sport appearance package. We got ours in Shadow Black and we like it, but had we ordered we might have gone with the Canyon Ridge color.

Granted, it's not that 'super bright' color scheme you're speaking of, but it's not that much of a 'basic' color, either.

201720Explorer20XLT20in20Canyon20Ridge_zpsx37lua4q.jpg

I agree but I still would of got Shadow Black lol.

That's another thing, I'm not a big fan of the Shadow Black. Tuxedo Black Metallic was beautiful.... If I were to get a new one, I'd have to go with Magnetic.

I agree but I still would of got Shadow Black lol.

We like ours. :) Only issue I have with it is it shows dirt. First black vehicle I've owned since 2000. I will say it turns a lot of heads and also kind of looks like a police car when you're following someone (or so I've been told.) :D

Yeah, I wish Tuxedo Black would come back as well. Loved it on my Taurus.

Don't work in the auto industry, but I'm guessing they 'rotate' colors so they don't get stale. I'd prefer Tuxedo Black, too, but unfortunately it's not an option now. Maybe when they do the next refresh it will make a return?

I went with the Blue Jeans Platinum - I havent seen another one yet. Wifes F150 Platinum is the same. Great looking color. I would admit tho that the dealers only seems to order Black and white etc.
We live in Texas - black cars are just out of the question - dusty and HOT.

Still waiting for someone to get one in White Gold.:D

Peter

Found one!

4f1259431f.jpg

I'm assuming someone custom ordered that? It's a bit 'much' for me, but having said that I thought the same of the Mustang when I first saw it and it quickly grew on me. :)

I photoshopped it. Haha.

Magnetic Metallic is a beautiful color. My wife was originally set on blue but thankfully changed her mind at the 11th hour. That paired with the Ebony Black interior on our Platinum is stunning.

I really like that Canyon Ridge color in post #2. Different enough to be distinctive, but not too odd to be really weird. I must admit tho, I really like the new Ex's in the Ingot Sliver/Black leather combo. I know it's pretty common but I just like the combo. My wife's LS400 had that and it really looked great.

That's the colour I'm thinking of getting in a Platinum with the light interior.

I miss the Caribou color... looks sharp when detailed and can never tell when it's dirty.

I get more compliments on the 2015 Explorer in Caribou then you would believe....

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

That's the colour I'm thinking of getting in a Platinum with the light interior.

It's going to be beautiful. My wife's Yukon Denali are those same colors.

Back