Ford offers free repairs to 1.4 Million Explorers - Exhaust | Page 16 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford offers free repairs to 1.4 Million Explorers - Exhaust

I didn't have any of the issues either but the dealer did insist that the one dealing with sealing the rear opening be done. From the invoice;
"Recall 17N03B Underbody inspection and sealing air extractor, inspection liftgate drain valve replacement, liftgate weather seal inspection, liftgate spoiler inspection, climate control module reprogramming MGL" (this was on the 2017 Explorer, 09Apr19)

Peter
Thanks Peter.

I've read the entire thread now, and since I have no symptoms and since I can get the 19N05 fix by July 31, 2022, I think I'll take a 'wait and see' approach. A couple of questions:

1) Are the 17N03 and 19N05 fixes identical?
2) If not, do they address the same issue?
3) CSP stands for Customer Satisfaction Program (CSP), which is one type of Field Service Action (FSA). In short, a CSP is an available upgrade to a specific component or an extension of an existing warranty. They are Vehicle Identification Number (VIN)-specific programs. Time and mileage limitations do apply.

The above (#3) is from the MyFord website. I don't remember seeing anything regarding VIN specifics with 17N03 or 19N05.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It seems there is a slight difference. The former seems to be more for reprogramming the climate control program while the latter is concentrated more on sealing the back of the vehicle.

Peter
Thanks a lot, Peter.

Would you happen to know if either 17N03 or 19N05 are VIN specific? ie. Ford would issue a CSP for either of them by VIN? (I don't see either CSP on MyFord website's recall page (and two other CSPs are listed there)).

Can't say for sure. I just went back through my file on the 2017 Explorer and see that I received 2 letters regarding 17N03. One in January 2019 and again in February 2019.

Peter

Can't say for sure. I just went back through my file on the 2017 Explorer and see that I received 2 letters regarding 17N03. One in January 2019 and again in February 2019.

Peter
Thanks a lot, Peter, for hanging with me, answering all my questions. I really appreciate it. :)

Just found this post. My 2013 sport has suffered from this for many many years and my solution was to install a co detector to warn me. Works pretty good.

-mick

Back