Ford Pass Lock / Unlock Feature Missing | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Pass Lock / Unlock Feature Missing

DASEXPLORER

Reaction score
City, State
Arlington, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 & 2020 Limited 4WD
Thursday afternoon leaving the office, I accessed my Ford Pass (via my phone) to unlock the doors on my 2020 Explorer Limited and the feature was gone. I've looked through the areas of the Pass app but do not find it.
Any ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would try uninstalling it and then reinstall. I did that once when I had an issue with it and that fixed it for me.

Thursday afternoon leaving the office, I accessed my Ford Pass (via my phone) to unlock the doors on my 2020 Explorer Limited and the feature was gone. I've looked through the areas of the Pass app but do not find it.
Any ideas?
Is it the remote start that is missing or the lock/unlock feature? I don't have FordPass so I'm not familiar with it but the thread title and your post seem to be 2 different items.

Peter

Is it the remote start that is missing or the lock/unlock feature? I don't have FordPass so I'm not familiar with it but the thread title and your post seem to be 2 different items.

Peter
Ops, sorry about the Post Title; it should have been missing Unlock / Lock Feature.
I did uninstall and reinstall the Pass App, but still the feature is missing.

Ops, sorry about the Post Title; it should have been missing Unlock / Lock Feature.
Fixed title.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the Pass App a second time and now the Unlock / Lock feature is there.
I suspect Ford Pass was looking at my 2016 Explorer Limited, which won't have this feature via Pass. I thought about this earlier and tried to insure I was working with the 2020. But I think the Pass App was somehow stuck on wrong vehicle.
I think, I'm good, at least for now until some other little quirky thing happens, which this 2020 is subject to.

Back