FORD RACING Underdrive Pulleys on 5.0 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

FORD RACING Underdrive Pulleys on 5.0

Hey guys-

I was just wondering if a set of Ford Racing Underdrive Pulleys would fit on my 2000 5.0L Mounty. They came off a '90 Mustang 5.0 and were free from a friend. My friend took a brief look at my engine and said he thought they would fit. Just asking everyone elses opinion. There's a bunch of threads about 4.0 underdrive pulleys, but nothing really answering my question about 5.0L's.......

The link below is actually a set of the same ones i happened to find for u guys to look at from craigslist. This listing is no where near me or anything, just got it for a photo reference.....

(dead link)

THANKS!

thanks jtsmith, always a big help :)

----> So is it worth adding to my truck?????

I'm not sure it would be beneficial
The crank pulley is smaller. So, they use a smaller water pump and alternator pulley to help bring their speeds back up a bit. Together they work to slow the water pump and alternator, just a tad, and with less rotating mass at the crank you should see some improvement.

However, using them with the stock crank pulley would actually speed the water pump and alternator. They may also alter the fit of the serpentine belt.

I believe if the accessory pulleys are bigger they would slow down the speed of them.

Like to make more power with a supercharger you would add a smaller pulley to make it spin faster.

You should use all of the pulleys or dont use them at all. In our 5.0 explorer case we cant because of the crank.

Back