Ford Raising Production Rates Due to Demand, Explorers in Short Supply | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Raising Production Rates Due to Demand, Explorers in Short Supply

Gandalf

Reaction score
City, State
Southern California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
According to this article, Ford is raising their production rates by 13% due to higher demand for their vehicles. Relevant to this forum...

U.S. sales chief Ken Czubay said demand for vehicles like the revamped Explorer has been so high that the company has only a "single-digit" days' supply of the model on dealer lots.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I know around here they are sold even before they hit the lots.

That is awesome news. In NC we haven't seen them selling to quickly most dealers have 4-5 on the lots ready for a home.

They are selling pretty fast here, 1 or 2 at most on the 3 different dealership lots.

Wow, the Largest Ford dealer in the World, Galpin. Only has 9 in stock. They had way more of them at launch

In my area they do not have hardly any on the ground except for fully loaded Limiteds and only one or 2 per dealer we have 5 dealers in a 50 mile radius . I do not think I need to pay 47 grand for a x have a 202a ordered in the the neighborhood of 31 grand with everything I need

Back