ford ranger 1995 wont start | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ford ranger 1995 wont start

docthompson

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Ranger 1995
I have had my truck looked at three times at the shop. It wont start they have tested and say it's not the battery, starter etc. Also, they replaced a relay switch but that also has not solved the problem. They put it up on the lift to run their test and when they put it back down it starts. We get I get home for a couple of days it starts and then it doesn't start again. Very frustrating!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

...Welcome here...:D...Where are you from???

...A little more info about how it is not starting may help you get more responses...You may want to start by saying, "I put the key in and turn it to the on position. I here the fuel pump "whir" but when I try to start it just cranks"...

...Another useful bit of information so we could help you would be, have you had your stored codes checked???

...Without some more info from you, we would just be guessing...;)

I have had my truck looked at three times at the shop. It wont start they have tested and say it's not the battery, starter etc. Also, they replaced a relay switch but that also has not solved the problem. They put it up on the lift to run their test and when they put it back down it starts. We get I get home for a couple of days it starts and then it doesn't start again. Very frustrating!

OK thanks for the tip. I put the key in the ignition and turn it and nothing happens. There is not a sound at all. We installed a new fuel pump about 8 months ago and it was running fine.

...You may have a loose connection at your power distribution box...Do you have any lights or other power while trying to start your vehicle???

The lights work and the radio work. We used to be able to shift up and down and then it would start. Also it sounds like it wants to start but wont turn over. I made a mistake when I said it didn't make a sound.

..It's an automatic???

... Could be a park neutral switch going bad...I'm not that familiar with the 95 auto but with more information like motor/trans etc., maybe someone else would chime in...

Have you tried changing the fuel pump relay? Mine was doing something very similar and that's what it was...

Mine was going bad- so sometimes it would work and sometimes not. I replaced it and I haven't had a problem since... Now I snag them every time I go to the junkyard. I think I have about 20 of those stupid things in the garage! Ha ha! :)

So far I have tried the neutral safety switch and it still is not working. It sound like it wants to start but will not kick over. We have replaced the relay switches and have put in a new fuel pump. I don't know what else to try, any ideas?
I need HELP!!!!!!!

Back