Ford Remote Access App? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Remote Access App?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks WiEx. I guess I typed the wrong thing in the search engine.

I had it installed on my X Limited yesterday. You will receive a pin number and a simm card with a number. I also have the intelligent access key and it works perfectly.

Your probably the only one that has it so far on an Ex. How much was the hardware?

Go to this thread for more info, its 1 up from this one...

Thxs i'll just close this thread out or try to delete it since they have one already.

hardware for explorer

Your probably the only one that has it so far on an Ex. How much was the hardware?

I got dealers cost as I was the first one. $550. The subscription is $50 per year.

Annual Fee after you buy the hardware?

Seems like an interesting thing to play with, you can make your own "bait car"! If you or family member flat out lost their car key and they are far from home, I wonder if you could unlock and start it for them and would it allow them to drive away with it? (hopefully nobody you didn't want to do that)

Using cellular data connection you should be able to build on the app to track your car and do other features too I would think. Set up and send fault reports to your local dealer while you are driving maybe? Use the app to interrogate your maint history. I could see using the data service to update Nav Database, traffic, weather and other data should you not be using the satellite service.

I downloaded and played with the MyFord Touch training app that simulates the system in the car. Would be nifty to use that interface to configure your climate controls after you remotely start, then you have more options than the 72 degree default for remote starts. Other than initially being a long distance basic remote, I would hope its the beginning of options to build on.

As stated in my prior post the subscription is $50 per year.

You can unlock it and start it with the app. You still need the key fob/key to complete the remote start. You can't "start" the car without the fob/key.

You can set your climate settings for a remote start (at least I can), and afterwards you have to reset them (when you push the button all those settings go away).

I got dealers cost as I was the first one. $550. The subscription is $50 per year.

Do you have a part number? If its reasonably priced i may be the second guy getting it.

Actually you might be the third, my friend is getting it tomorrow.
The Part Number is: DL3Z-19G364-A. My service manager told me some vehicles may require an additional antenna. Mine did not. That part number is DA8Z-15603-A. If you have any problems call the service manager at Hidy Ford. Those guys are on top of it. I saw that it was available for sale on June 1st, and I had it installed on June 5th. They took care of everything.

Also, it provides an additional security alarm.

Back