Ford Remote Start Accessory | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Remote Start Accessory

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Really attempting. May try it too:)

For the price of it and there is zero add ons or wires to splice it's a no brainer. Plus it's completely integrated and adjustable in the settings menu.

For the price of it and there is zero add ons or wires to splice it's a no brainer. Plus it's completely integrated and adjustable in the settings menu.

Indeed it is a no brainer!!!! Dealer turned on the Remote Start option w/IDS, charge 1hr labor for key cut, programming and RemStart activation and we are rocking and rolling. Thanks Riley for your input on this, Well Done!!!!!:thumbsup:

Bobby:salute:

Note: First one done in my dealer's service department.

Bobby,

Did you get the DA8Z-19G364-A 5-button option installed yet? How did it go? Was it as expected with functionality kept for the liftgate. What kind of price point was the installation or programming charges? This is what I have been looking for, but have not been able to get any information on a 5 key system, and have been receiving lots of conflicting service charge quotes.

(the picture shows only 4 buttons, causing some confusion)

THANKS

SterlingGrayXLT,
To follow up on you note, I ordered the DA8Z-19G364-A Set of two keys. During my vacation I made an appointment at my dealer (they charge 1 hr. labor), they did everything, cut and program keys and activate RemStart. It works nicely.
The IKTs are 5 button as I have Power Rear Lift Gate.
You can program the Remote Start at the Vehicle settings section of your advance left side screen and choose your parameters.
As Riley said, it is a no brainer.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Another Remote Start Question;

Hi all. Just picked up our 2013 silver XLT on friday, 1-11-13. It's great. Everything works as promised. Paired the I phone 4 on the first try. Very happy so far. We just went (looking), and ended up purchasing the Ex. The dealer gave us a great deal on the Ex and my trade. Part of the deal was that they would throw in a remote start. When we went to pick up the Ex, he handed me the original keys. He stated that the remote was put in. ok no problem. I told him at the time of sale that I only wanted a OEM remote. He said at the time of sale that a Ford Authorized installer would put the remote in, but that he would only use Ford parts. He stated that they did not do the remotes at the dealership, that's why they used the installer. He also stated that I would recieve another fob for the starter. When he showed me the vehicle he said the installer programmed the remote to work with the door lock button on the remote. You push the lock button three times and the car starts up. We have the four button remote with the power lift gate. He said that the installer couldn't use any other button. I thought that was strange but ok. We signed the papers and took the car. It works ok but the thing is the horn beeps every time I want to use the starter. I read other post's were people were able to buy a kit and get seperate keys and have the vehicle remote start activated on the dealer computer. That way the had the proper keys for all functions and had control through the instument cluster of the remote and climate etc. Like I said , I have the four button remote with the power liftgate. I wonder if it is possible to get the 5 button remotes with the start and liftgate since the remote is already in. I'm aslso wondering if the vehicle remote can be enabled on the Ex via the dealer computer. Your thoughts. Cory mabey you could check for me. I hope i'm not confusing matters too much. Maybe some one who had this done can offer some wisdom. Thanks in advance..............Steve

They did not install the factory Ford version, not even the older one with the extra fob. You should have been extremely clear you wanted the one that used the factory keyfobs. Most dealers do not know that remote start can be enabled with their IDS computer. There is no way for the remote start you have installed to interface with the 5 button keyfob. I would go back to the dealer and have them give you the correct keyfobs and enable it with their computer.

Hi Riley. Thanks for the response. I'm confused now. The paper work I got from the dealer said remote start. There was no model number or anything else by it. This is an equipment disclosure sheet. It said that the Explorer had oem remote start parts installed. Are you saying that the system I have now will not work with the 5 button keys? If I get the proper remotes or fobs, will They be able to interface with the mft after a install from the dealers computer? I have to try to find out what system they had installed. Thanks again....Steve

Hi all. Just picked up our 2013 silver XLT on friday, 1-11-13. It's great. Everything works as promised. Paired the I phone 4 on the first try. Very happy so far. We just went (looking), and ended up purchasing the Ex. The dealer gave us a great deal on the Ex and my trade. Part of the deal was that they would throw in a remote start. When we went to pick up the Ex, he handed me the original keys. He stated that the remote was put in. ok no problem. I told him at the time of sale that I only wanted a OEM remote. He said at the time of sale that a Ford Authorized installer would put the remote in, but that he would only use Ford parts. He stated that they did not do the remotes at the dealership, that's why they used the installer. He also stated that I would recieve another fob for the starter. When he showed me the vehicle he said the installer programmed the remote to work with the door lock button on the remote. You push the lock button three times and the car starts up. We have the four button remote with the power lift gate. He said that the installer couldn't use any other button. I thought that was strange but ok. We signed the papers and took the car. It works ok but the thing is the horn beeps every time I want to use the starter. I read other post's were people were able to buy a kit and get seperate keys and have the vehicle remote start activated on the dealer computer. That way the had the proper keys for all functions and had control through the instument cluster of the remote and climate etc. Like I said , I have the four button remote with the power liftgate. I wonder if it is possible to get the 5 button remotes with the start and liftgate since the remote is already in. I'm aslso wondering if the vehicle remote can be enabled on the Ex via the dealer computer. Your thoughts. Cory mabey you could check for me. I hope i'm not confusing matters too much. Maybe some one who had this done can offer some wisdom. Thanks in advance..............Steve
Welcome to the Forum Shatfieldj.:wavey:
I hope you get this resolved. It would be nice to be able to integrate the remote start with the vehicle's programs.
For your info, Cory no longer monitors this forum. Crystal has taken over and is helping out the members now.
Good luck Steve.

Peter

Correct, no Ford Accessories system is able to use the factory keys by pushing the lock button 3 times. In order to get the factory 5 button version I have talked about in other threads to work here are the instructions. Easiest way would be to leave the system they already installed and have dealer do the factory one.

-Have dealer order DA8Z-19G364-A (set of two 5 button IKT's)
-Have dealer cut keys
-Program new keys to vehicle, either have dealer do it or can do yourself with
your already programmed ones (takes about 30 sec)
-Have dealer enable remote start with IDS tool (takes about 10-15 min if keys already programmed)

This seriously works

Correct, no Ford Accessories system is able to use the factory keys by pushing the lock button 3 times. In order to get the factory 5 button version I have talked about in other threads to work here are the instructions. Easiest way would be to leave the system they already installed and have dealer do the factory one.

-Have dealer cut keys
-Have dealer enable remote start with IDS tool (takes about 10-15 min if keys already programmed)

Guys,

Thanks to the leads offered by Riley this was done. Step by step all done by the dealer.

... I wonder if it is possible to get the 5 button remotes with the start and liftgate since the remote is already in. I'm aslso wondering if the vehicle remote can be enabled on the Ex via the dealer computer. Your thoughts. Cory mabey you could check for me. I hope i'm not confusing matters too much. Maybe some one who had this done can offer some wisdom. Thanks in advance..............Steve

Hi Shatfieldj,

I wanted to touch base with you and see where you are with this concern. Some of the fine folks on this thread have chimed in with some helpful advice. Like some have suggested, I recommend voicing your concerns to your dealer so that they can address them and resolve this for you. I'm also happy to get this escalated to your regional customer service manager for you; just send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name. Let me know where things currently stand and I'll get your regional CSM involved.

Welcome to the Forum Shatfieldj.:wavey:
I hope you get this resolved. It would be nice to be able to integrate the remote start with the vehicle's programs.
For your info, Cory no longer monitors this forum. Crystal has taken over and is helping out the members now.
Good luck Steve.

Peter

-Have dealer cut keys

Thanks for adding to the discussion, gang! :thumbsup:

Crystal

Hi guys. Having computer problems here. Thanks so much for the info. Thanks to Riley, Peter and Bobby. Chrystal thanks for anything you can do for me. I sent you a pm as requested. I spoke to the salesman today. he insists that I got the right part. He said that's what the use in the factory. I informed him that I wanted the 100 series Remote with keys. He said he would check with the installer. I told him that the dealership coul do it. He acted like he didn't know what I was talking about. He said he would get back to me. Oh well. Chrystal I hope you can light a fire under these guys. I really don't have the time or energy to educate these guys on how to install a remote starter. Thanks again........Steve

Hi guys. Having computer problems here. Thanks so much for the info. Thanks to Riley, Peter and Bobby. Chrystal thanks for anything you can do for me. I sent you a pm as requested. I spoke to the salesman today. he insists that I got the right part. He said that's what the use in the factory. I informed him that I wanted the 100 series Remote with keys. He said he would check with the installer. I told him that the dealership coul do it. He acted like he didn't know what I was talking about. He said he would get back to me. Oh well. Chrystal I hope you can light a fire under these guys. I really don't have the time or energy to educate these guys on how to install a remote starter. Thanks again........Steve

Hey Steve!

Thanks for the PM; I responded to it with some information about your case, so you may want to check your inbox. Keep me posted!

Crystal

Hey guys. Great information in this thread. Question...I have a 2013 XLT without the power liftgate. Searching on Ford's site, I ran across this remote start plug n play set: http://accessories.ford.com/remote-start-system-rpo-plug-in-play-kit.html

It has the remote start button but does NOT have the power liftgate button. Is this what I want (following the same steps that are outlined above), for my Explorer?

Thanks! :)

Rozzwell

Ford Part#BB5Z-19G364-A.

Same steps as above. There are a couple more threads in this forum about the same subject.

Bobby

Hello All,

I just bought a 2013 Ford Explorer XLT with the power lift gate. I also wanted remote start but couldn't find one that it came with so I bought the Explorer without. Instead of getting an aftermarket remote start, I decided to go with what Ford offered on their Accessories website - Remote Start System - 200 Series Plug-N-Play. I figured this way if anything went wrong, I could go back to the dealership and have them fix it.

However, I ordered the part and installation online on the Accessories website, the part and installation cost me $405. When I went to drop off my Explorer yesterday at the dealership I asked if this was the right part that would detect the weather outside and then warm/cool my Explorer as necessary. They had never heard of such a thing. After looking up the part, they then agreed that yes, apparently this does happen on the part that I purchased. I dropped my Explorer off at 7:45 AM and they called me around 3:00 PM to let me know it was completed. I then went to the dealership to pick up my Explorer and have them help me learn how to work it. Unfortunately, the person assisting me (Service Advisor) did not know how to work it either and we were learning together.

Now for my question, background above leads me to ask here since the dealership really didn't know..

My kit came with vehicle security - The 200 Series also helps protect your valuables via an exclusive IT-s® 2-stage shock sensor. This is not really working at least I don't believe it to be working. I remote started my car, activated the red button after starting to engage the alarm. From my understanding, if someone were to try and get into my car, this feature would go off. The only way that it goes off is if I unlock my car with the key (old fashioned before power locks) and if I don't put the key in the ignition within a few seconds then the horn and lights start going crazy until I hit the unlock button with my key.

Can someone tell me if you were to rock the car while its started will this cause the alarm to go off? What exactly is the 2-stage shock sensor for?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

KJR77

Hello All,

I just bought a 2013 Ford Explorer XLT with the power lift gate. I also wanted remote start but couldn't find one that it came with so I bought the Explorer without. Instead of getting an aftermarket remote start, I decided to go with what Ford offered on their Accessories website - Remote Start System - 200 Series Plug-N-Play. I figured this way if anything went wrong, I could go back to the dealership and have them fix it.

However, I ordered the part and installation online on the Accessories website, the part and installation cost me $405. When I went to drop off my Explorer yesterday at the dealership I asked if this was the right part that would detect the weather outside and then warm/cool my Explorer as necessary. They had never heard of such a thing. After looking up the part, they then agreed that yes, apparently this does happen on the part that I purchased. I dropped my Explorer off at 7:45 AM and they called me around 3:00 PM to let me know it was completed. I then went to the dealership to pick up my Explorer and have them help me learn how to work it. Unfortunately, the person assisting me (Service Advisor) did not know how to work it either and we were learning together.

Now for my question, background above leads me to ask here since the dealership really didn't know..

My kit came with vehicle security - The 200 Series also helps protect your valuables via an exclusive IT-s® 2-stage shock sensor. This is not really working at least I don't believe it to be working. I remote started my car, activated the red button after starting to engage the alarm. From my understanding, if someone were to try and get into my car, this feature would go off. The only way that it goes off is if I unlock my car with the key (old fashioned before power locks) and if I don't put the key in the ignition within a few seconds then the horn and lights start going crazy until I hit the unlock button with my key.

Can someone tell me if you were to rock the car while its started will this cause the alarm to go off? What exactly is the 2-stage shock sensor for?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

KJR77

Hi KJR77,

I recommend giving 800-FORDKEY a call for questions regarding your remote start kit. They'll be in the best position to assist you.

Crystal

Hey guys. Great information in this thread. Question...I have a 2013 XLT without the power liftgate. Searching on Ford's site, I ran across this remote start plug n play set: http://accessories.ford.com/remote-start-system-rpo-plug-in-play-kit.html

It has the remote start button but does NOT have the power liftgate button. Is this what I want (following the same steps that are outlined above), for my Explorer?

Thanks! :)

Hi Rozzwell,

You can call 800-FORDKEY to verify, but it looks like Bobby has pointed you in the right direction. Additionally, you can always reach out to your dealership's parts department for assistance.

Rozzwell

Ford Part#BB5Z-19G364-A.

Same steps as above. There are a couple more threads in this forum about the same subject.

Bobby

Thanks for your help, Bobby!

Crystal

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ordered my 5 button key fob's today. I called 4 dealerships and the 4th was a charm. They will match the price of a dealership I found on the internet (182.00) instead of the $228.00 as long as I print out the webpage. Also, the labor he said would take about 15-20 minutes and be about $85. The other 3 dealerships didn't believe me and the research I did on the internet. They said those people on the forums don't know what they are talking about. I laughed and said, "they know more than you do, especially about these vehicles". The one place wanted to charge me $560. Unbelievable. $267 with installation from my now favorite dealership is awesome for this kit

2011 Explorer XLT w/power-liftgate

Back