Ford Sales | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford Sales

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I can't figure why the stock doesn't get going again??

Auto stocks won't move much until the middle east calms down.

So, the upswing on sales...does that count only delivered explorers? I believe I've read that Ford doesn't get paid for a car until a dealer has it. Would that same rule apply to sales numbers?

It all hinges on the dealer invoice- if the dealer has been invoiced, it counts as sold whether or not the vehicle has been delivered to the dealer, or the customer.

It all hinges on the dealer invoice- if the dealer has been invoiced, it counts as sold whether or not the vehicle has been delivered to the dealer, or the customer.

Right. To clarify my question: Are dealers invoiced for units that may or may not have been on a quality hold but have not shipped?

Seems like a gray area. I'm curious if the numbers are really higher than reported. It doesn't affect my life, but I was curious :)

I don't think so- Ford will try to make them sound as good as they can... Like GM filling the pipeline with theirs to get their massive number just reported. They currently have 60 day supplies of vehicles, highest number of pipeline vehicles since 2009.

I can't figure why the stock doesn't get going again??

I think people are afraid of gas prices. $100 oil hasn't fully been reflected in the pumps and we are gonna see $4 a gallon gas before the summer..

Also, ford is kinda a hard company to predict. for whatever reason analyst are always off. And ford, missed estimates not too long ago. For whatever reason ford didn't warn the street that they were going to miss estimates last Q so people with lots of money who move the price of the stock are kinda scratching their heads rather than buying the stock..

I think people are afraid of gas prices. $100 oil hasn't fully been reflected in the pumps and we are gonna see $4 a gallon gas before the summer..

before the summer? try before next week. 3.85 at the 3 stations down the street from my house this morning :(

before the summer? try before next week. 3.85 at the 3 stations down the street from my house this morning :(

I was talking about the national average.. It will be over $5 in LA

Back